Hi HookstersBeen using some of my reels for quite a number of years now and am more than happy with the choice of reels i have.I have had these two the 750SS and the 450SS for over 25 yrs now and are still going strong bare in mind that these two were made in USA and will keep using them as long as i can. i may be bias on this as i do love the penn reels. :lol: But as you can see if you look after your gear it will look after you.Posted ImageAnd in my younger days i had a moment of weakness and purchased dare i say it a Shimano Aerocast 2000 and have to say that this reel also is over 20yrs old. This has served me well also.Posted ImageMy latest in the Penn series are the 430SS, 360 Slammer and the 560 Slammer which up to now have been quite good thus far aswell.Posted ImageNow my last weapon of choice which was given to me by another member of this site (Thankyou once again Just_me)has been just as good and has done most of the damage on the Snapper of late and only being the Crossfire 1500 has been awsome.Posted ImageNow showing some of my choice of weapons whats the choice of some of you guys.Just curious to see what's the most prefered.Tight lines and keep em reelin in. :woohoo:

And in my younger days i had a moment of weakness and purchased dare i say it a Shimano Aerocast 2000 and have to say that this reel also is over 20yrs old. This has served me well also.Posted Image

I have a 1000 Aerocast, and is as old as yours, 1 & 2kg bait catcher on a Silstar Matchpicker both aged same...... :clap::clap: :clap:Although I must say yours does look a little worse for wear ......

Nice gear there Rickster.Derfiniteley worth lkooking after quality gear :clap: Wonder what will happen to maintaining reels when the "throwaway society" aspect hits them :huh:

Funny you mention that, i do have what i call a throw away penn reel :lol::lol::lol: bought from K-Mart only used it a couple of times and had to fix the handle, i keep this to lend to people. :lol::lol::lol: As i would have ditched it already.gotta keep at least one Klunka. :clap::clap::clap: :woohoo:

I'm with you Rickster. Love those Penns. The USA made ones are quite sort after. I've now got to liveliners(how can you go wrong for 99 bucks lol). I've seen Rick pull two nice snapper on the Daiwa 1500, glad it's been lucky for ya and a tuff little reel. Got 3 1500, 2500 and 3500 plus the odd assortment of shimano reels. Must admit my new Saros is pretty specky.And just to join the club bought a Marado bait runner 5000 was clearance at k-fart for 25 bucks on Smokey Kebabs recommendation :laugh:

I too love the USA Penns.........I have a 9500SS as a hand down from my uncle that was new in the late 70's.....only had new drag washers 10 years ago..........also have the 7500SS.Slammers are great,and also have a LiveLiner as well.......go the Penns B) though I reckon I might get a stella in Singapore......perhaps,maybe.........shhhhhhhhhhhhhh :)

im running a shimano symetre 2500 for whiting and i just bought a Stella 5000 for snapper. can i just ask what sort of maintainance you guys give to your reels, no matter how basic as after shelling out 800 bucks for a stella i would like to still have it in 25 years.is it just a rinse in fresh water and maybe wipe the top couple of metres of line or do you tend to do less/more than that?cheers

I've been a Penn guy for years, senators, international baitcasters and of course the ss metal and newer graphite threadlines plus some slammers, even got a Chinese made slammer, too early to tell if it will measure up to the US made stuff though. I also love Abu baitcasters, but not the newer ones so much. Have owned many daiwa and shimano reels as well, some great like TLD's or the sealine x overheads, and some not so great. Those are the big four for me, never had much faith in any other brands.

im running a shimano symetre 2500 for whiting and i just bought a Stella 5000 for snapper. can i just ask what sort of maintainance you guys give to your reels' date=' no matter how basic as after shelling out 800 bucks for a stella i would like to still have it in 25 years.is it just a rinse in fresh water and maybe wipe the top couple of metres of line or do you tend to do less/more than that?cheers[/quote']Just a tighten up of the drag and a rinse under a soft flowing hose......allow to air dry,then back off the drag.......ready to fish again......too easy B)
I'm with you Rickster. Love those Penns. The USA made ones are quite sort after. I've now got to liveliners(how can you go wrong for 99 bucks lol). I've seen Rick pull two nice snapper on the Daiwa 1500' date=' glad it's been lucky for ya and a tuff little reel. Got 3 1500, 2500 and 3500 plus the odd assortment of shimano reels. Must admit my new Saros is pretty specky.And just to join the club bought a Marado bait runner 5000 was clearance at k-fart for 25 bucks on Smokey Kebabs recommendation :laugh:[/quote']haha welcome to the club. always good to have a new member. whenever we see someone with a marado it puts a little flutter in our hearts.
I'm with you Rickster. Love those Penns. The USA made ones are quite sort after. I've now got to liveliners(how can you go wrong for 99 bucks lol). I've seen Rick pull two nice snapper on the Daiwa 1500' date=' glad it's been lucky for ya and a tuff little reel. Got 3 1500' date=' 2500 and 3500 plus the odd assortment of shimano reels. Must admit my new Saros is pretty specky.And just to join the club bought a Marado bait runner 5000 was clearance at k-fart for 25 bucks on Smokey Kebabs recommendation :laugh:[/quote'']haha welcome to the club. always good to have a new member. whenever we see someone with a marado it puts a little flutter in our hearts.
add me to the list, spooled my $25 marado last night with some 40lb braid, felt good, cant wait to maraude my first hook up with it!!Thanx smokey :laugh: