Crispy bbq prawn snack

If you can get hold of some smallish school prawns just melt some real butter on your bbq get it hot (don't burn it) Shove two or three whole (heads and all) prawns on timber scewers lenthwise,when the butter is sissling hot chuck on the prawns,they should dance on the bbq plate,the shells will all blister? and go crunchie,serve with beer. ::)

gidday rangerYou eat the shell, head the lot.sometimes if there just for me i don't even put them on skewers ,they go realy crunchy and fall to bits in your mouth :P :P.this is not new i have been doing this for years after seeing it on a japanese cooking show.I also throw cockles (purged)? straight on the bbq in the shell ,dont eat the cockle shells though, ::) :icon_eek: :icon_lol:

You eat the shell, head the lot..........I also throw cockles (purged)? straight on the bbq in the shell ,dont eat the cockle shells though, ::) :icon_eek: :icon_lol:

You may not have heard yet about some of the things I eat, but I can see that you and me are gonna get along juuuuuusst fine! ;DPosted Image

I thought that myself ranger when i saw your method of goolwa cockles, Iwill try any sort of food ,Not saying i will eat any sort but will try.I always go to central markets when i come to Adelaide and bring home something that i cant read the label from chinese grocers to try out on my workmates ,a good one you might try is" deep fried honey and sessame anchovies " :icon_e_wink: i wont tell you how we voted it .For the record ranger i purge cockles in salt water in the fridge for a day or 2

I will try any sort of food ,Not saying i will eat any sort but will try.I always go to central markets when i come to Adelaide and bring home something that i cant read the label from chinese grocers to try out on my workmates ,a good one you might try is" deep fried honey and sessame anchovies " :icon_e_wink: i wont tell you how we voted it .

Methinks maybe we should organise a strikehook mystery cook-up day. You and me can be elected chefs for the event, and we'll only tell em all what they've eaten AFTER the event! ;DI'll supply the chicken beaks, chicken hearts, large intestine, tendons and clots of pigs blood, if you can bring the chicken feet, stomach lining, bird nest and scorpions. Oh hang on, we'd better chuck some seafood in there too, so do you wanna bring the sea cucumber and sea horse or the sea urchin and seaweed? I'd also suggest Fugu (puffer fish) but I aint too sure about cutting the venom gland out, and I only wanna make these guys more adventurous, not dead! ;D

I will try any sort of food ,Not saying i will eat any sort but will try.I always go to central markets when i come to Adelaide and bring home something that i cant read the label from chinese grocers to try out on my workmates ,a good one you might try is" deep fried honey and sessame anchovies " :icon_e_wink: i wont tell you how we voted it .

Methinks maybe we should organise a strikehook mystery cook-up day. You and me can be elected chefs for the event, and we'll only tell em all what they've eaten AFTER the event! ;DI'll supply the chicken beaks, chicken hearts, large intestine, tendons and clots of pigs blood, if you can bring the chicken feet, stomach lining, bird nest and scorpions. Oh hang on, we'd better chuck some seafood in there too, so do you wanna bring the sea cucumber and sea horse or the sea urchin and seaweed? I'd also suggest Fugu (puffer fish) but I aint too sure about cutting the venom gland out, and I only wanna make these guys more adventurous, not dead! ;D
Sorry but Im busy that day, thanks anyway ;D

Sorry Pescados, I have no idea how to attach a pdf. Mebbe sent Aarron a pm, coz if it can be done, he'll know how to do it.pellipeeli, I know most of the Chinese places on Gouger St, but I haven't heard of that one, but there have been quite a few new places opened! I'll chat wiv friends who know the area, and then I'll be certain to avoid the eel rice!