tuna at the cape

Thinking of making the most of this weekends good weather and heading to the cape to chase, catch and release some tuna. can anyone please give any recent reports of fish activity in the area. it would be appreciated as its a long way for a scenc troll. anyone wishing to tag up is welcome. thanks in advance for any rplies. yogiber (brand new member)

Hey thanx fishie, any info would be welcome to narrow down where the fish might be holding. i will either launch from cape and head down south of pages or from victor and stick my head out past the 9 mile some distance. weather looks pretty good to do some serious miles. nothin better than bouncing a few baits in unknown territory. i have another contact who is giving me a point on saturday but cant wait till then. yogibear.

I'll hopefully have a report back tomorrow night.. I'm planning to launch from Victor and head west to meet up with the passing schools

What time you going to be launching Fishie, thinking about doing a trip down south but not sure if to launch at VH, CJ or Wirrina as a plan B. Need a tag along? Initially was thinking Victor but was unsure on the conditions.
I'll hopefully have a report back tomorrow night.. I'm planning to launch from Victor and head west to meet up with the passing schools
What time you going to be launching Fishie' date=' thinking about doing a trip down south but not sure if to launch at VH' date=' CJ or Wirrina as a plan B. Need a tag along? Initially was thinking Victor but was unsure on the conditions.[/quote'']I won't know TB till we get down south and determine what the weather is doing was hoping on leaving Victor but it could be from the Cape if the wind is blowing hard. Either way I'll be out there between The KI and West Island

The wind was up again... we at least managed to get around to Cape Hart but it was too rough to search out wider for tuna. I reckon your best option would be to launch from Victor and search west of there for the tuna. We saw one school but a huge pod of dolphins went crazy and sent them deep

Should have launched from Victor Fishie, was flat as in the morning & only picked up for a few hours towards KI & then dropped off again. We ended up heading to the pages & trolled from there out to the banks. Total tally for the day was a heap of km's & not even one hit. Did not see a single bird over the 7 hours we where out for.

The sea was fine in the Passage but once we got around past Willoughby the winds were howling across the top of Pennington Bay and Cape Hart in excess of 20 knots. Will have to see what reports come back this weekend :) Bad luck also missing out, but I guess we can't win all of the time.Passing through the rip at Willoughby was quite hairy and I even gave it a wide berth.. I was glad to get clear of there that's for sure

The sea was fine in the Passage but once we got around past Willoughby the winds were howling across the top of Pennington Bay and Cape Hart in excess of 20 knots. Will have to see what reports come back this weekend :) Bad luck also missing out' date=' but I guess we can't win all of the time.Passing through the rip at Willoughby was quite hairy and I even gave it a wide berth.. I was glad to get clear of there that's for sure[/quote']On the BOM site there were recordings of 30 knots during the day at Cape Willoughby, It's great to read the reports of just being out there, thank guys. B)

Wish we could say it was us, but it wasnt, and we fished all those areas, hard on saturday :angry: Also spoke to one of the most arrogant Charter ops at west bch today, asked him how the redfish where going, the usual "getting plenty" was his reply. Then I cheekly asked him if had seen any tuna schools on his gulf crossings, he turned bright red and said "maybe, but further south" I mentioned the areas discussed in these threads and how we tried and he was all cocky , like he knew the tuna had moved on and new exactly where they where and hinted at our gulf.Now thats twice in 2 days I've heard this......and for the record, Il be sure to never recommend or use this charter op, he was a cocky @#$%%&* whilst setting up his blue shark cat ;) Hopefully your reading this:No need to be a dick just cos u are in the Loop ( or so you think) its us "regular" folk that keep you in business and attitudes like this turn potential customers off.From what I gathered,he wasnt even the business owner, just taking the reign whilst the owner was "busy"Stark contrast to the charter ops and pros we spoke at the Cape on sunday morn and gave us any info they had in regards to the Tuna

Found the operators down the cape very helpful Ale.Last time I was down there I was having a chat to one for quite some time and was vero forth coming with info and appreciated some info I gave.Know the guy you are talking about and have never heard good things. When people ask who to go with locally, you know I'm not pointing them his way !

Went out all day Sunday. launched from VH with light NW wind. Found lots of small roaming fast schools not holidng up on the surface long. Not that many birds in the area either. Managed 3 x 20 kg fish in no particular place or order. Still seem to be there but difficult to see without our eyes in the sky. Keep an eye out for pods of dolphins shadowing around the schools. great fun on light tackle!!!!

Went out all day Sunday. launched from VH with light NW wind. Found lots of small roaming fast schools not holidng up on the surface long. Not that many birds in the area either. Managed 3 x 20 kg fish in no particular place or order. Still seem to be there but difficult to see without our eyes in the sky. Keep an eye out for pods of dolphins shadowing around the schools. great fun on light tackle!!!!

When seen a big pod of dolphins but no Tuna around from what we could see, where the fish hitting the surface when you seen the dolphins?