Show us your fishing injuries! (GRAPHIC CONTENT)

My only fishing injury (touch wood) was a monumental stack on the rocks at st Kilda..... was very close to calling in the chopper to dust me off :laugh: lucky my 60 year old dad carried me back (95kg of me) and tackle & tucker bless their heart sent an old jackaroo to ferry me the rest of the way.And that was all from getting over excited about a 2kg salmon 3 years ago. Spent a week in bed on good drugs with a stuffed back after that...... Dreaming of salmon the whole time mind you :P. Seen a few nasty hook injuries though, and hopefully I don't end up with one in ME :ohmy:

Guest Brent61

hardbody lurehooked a 35cm bream , as i leaned over to grab the plyers he jumped and other treble got me, real fun with the fish still kickingPosted Imagehardbody lureno laughing but just cleaning my car boot out when ''bingo'Posted Imageskin cancer , too much fishingPosted Imagebrent

where do i start... rolled my ankles many times climbing rocks and that, fell down the rocks at the sullies breakwater.. fallen into black berry bushes, fallen down cliff faces with and come out with cuts bruises and all but have never broken any bones... The worst would be me out in the bush with jimbo and mully and me hooking onto my PB redfin while i was standing on a log to get closer to land it. as i got closer i did the splits and landed on the log in between my legs.. on the way down there must of been a branch sticking out and as i went down the branch digged into the back of my leg and left a cut from my ass cheek to behind my knee... Needless to say i kept fishing the whole time was to stoked with my PB Reddy... Mind you i did have a big scar and at one stage looked like i needed stiches, as i have Haemophilia.. but in the end i didnt need it have a massive bruise and scabb for months... The things i do and lengths i go to catch fish :D :D :D

Had none until Good Friday last year.... I fell down a cliff whilst fishing (was walking back home on a slippery path) about 10 minutes walk from my house. Ended up poised on the edge of a second drop off and everytime I moved (to try and stop the profuse bleeding from my leg) I slid a little bit further toward another long fall. Took 50 minutes for emergency crews to find me/arrive and I then required helicopter retrieval as there was absolutely no other way to get me out. had the CFS, MFS, police, abulance, Helicopter and about four news crews come.Ended up destroying my right ankle, cut my hands up and dinged my daiwa combo. Didnt walk for four months and my ankle is still gimpy a year later. Managed to snap off some pics whilst I was being rescused (I asked the emergency crews if they minded)Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageMr Morphine:Posted Image

where do i start... rolled my ankles many times climbing rocks and that' date=' fell down the rocks at the sullies breakwater.. fallen into black berry bushes, fallen down cliff faces with and come out with cuts bruises and all but have never broken any bones... The worst would be me out in the bush with jimbo and mully and me hooking onto my PB redfin while i was standing on a log to get closer to land it. as i got closer i did the splits and landed on the log in between my legs.. on the way down there must of been a branch sticking out and as i went down the branch digged into the back of my leg and left a cut from my ass cheek to behind my knee... Needless to say i kept fishing the whole time was to stoked with my PB Reddy... Mind you i did have a big scar and at one stage looked like i needed stiches, as i have Haemophilia.. but in the end i didnt need it have a massive bruise and scabb for months... The things i do and lengths i go to catch fish :D :D :D[/quote']OH BANGA THAT REALLY CRACKS ME UP!RESPECT TO THE BREAM REAPER COS THAT IS NASTY STUFF MAN!The lengths us freshwater fishos will go to to get to that untouched spot.My David Hasselhoff stack off the log as documented by Bjorn, has completely stuffed up my knees, I can't bend one leg on an angle to be able to scrub my foot in the shower now without much pain, and I can only bend at the knees very slowly now as well.So basicly that backwards fall from 4-5feet landing on my head, has aged me by about 15years in the leg and knee department..LOL :laugh::laugh::laugh: MY wife thinks I am honestly going to die out there troutfishing one day!

ive been pretty lucky other than the rolled ankles etc etc.. worst ive done is fall backwards onto my conduit rod spike.. got me in lower back, and i couldnt move for half an hr.. thought i had done some serious damage, but after doc visit and xrays turned out to be deep bruising.. half my back went black.brother went for a tumble after a huge snapper run.. sitting down jumped up and face first.. also didnt move.thought he was out cold, but he yelled grab the fish ahhaaha.. hooked it gave to mate to reel in, and he lost it.helped bro up, and looked like dislocated shoulder,, into hospital, but no, he had snapped his shoulder blade and broke collerbone.6 weeks later after still not being able to move his arm correctly, they did another xray and found he had also broken his arm in the tumble..

When I was a young bloke,I was sprinting across the rocks at Troubridge Point towards my screaming Alvey and impaled my big toe on a gaff hook in mid stride. :sick: I totally missed the hook up,just to add to the pain. :( The gaff went right under the toe nail,which eventually fell off after a week of agony. :ohmy:

My worst was last August while snapper fishing off the rocks near Point Lowly. Scored a 6/0 circle hook in the finger. Tried to pull it out and push it through, but no joy. Off to Whyalla Hospital, even the Doc had trouble getting it out. When the doc says "oh , how are we going to get this out?" you know you're in trouble. Had to use bolt cutters to cut the hook!Posted ImageI have cut my self numerous times when cutting bait, or filleting fish, but this was definitely the worst.Also got a saltwater catfish spine in my finger years ago that needed to be cut out. Very painful experience. Was in there for months before getting it cut out. Have it home in a jar, it's like an arrow head.

My worst was last August while snapper fishing off the rocks near Point Lowly. Scored a 6/0 circle hook in the finger. Tried to pull it out and push it through' date=' but no joy. Off to Whyalla Hospital, even the Doc had trouble getting it out. When the doc says "oh , how are we going to get this out?" you know you're in trouble. Had to use bolt cutters to cut the hook![img']http://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp271/samrota/Fishing/08082011150.jpg[/img]I have cut my self numerous times when cutting bait, or filleting fish, but this was definitely the worst.Also got a saltwater catfish spine in my finger years ago that needed to be cut out. Very painful experience. Was in there for months before getting it cut out. Have it home in a jar, it's like an arrow head.

Should of left the hook in your finger so we could practice pulling it out. :P

Easy to get a hook out.I have removed over a dozen both in the field and in the emergency department.Same technique as per the video but I would have removed the treble from the lure first or at the very least tape up the other treble so it doesn't catch.First pull has to be hard and fast to be effective.Here is one of the more definitive articles on the subjecthttp://www.aafp.org/afp/2001/0601/p2231.html

Saturday nights attempt24db30be.jpg[/img]ff0e7d99.jpg[/img]

I like how.you Snell the hook :) what were you upto in the port with that 7/0 ;) snapper or mulloway ;) Ps that ramp at birkenhead is to be avoided mate.... Great work retrieving there with a bloody 7/0 in ya thumb :clap:
It's a secret jack, but will definitely be hitting it again thus weekend. And btw, that the only snell I know and easy as

Only a few little spikes and scratches? Not one lost limb or case of permanent insanity bought on by being constantly outsmarted by a little fish? Lift ya game guys! :P I do recall once incidence a few years back. The member I "believe" from memory was Voodoofish (correct me if I'm wrong), who was spined by a stingray. The trip to hospital and subsequent testing actually showed up that he had a brain tumor he was unaware of at the time, so his unfortunate incident actually turned out to be a blessing in disguise, and a life saver for him! :clap:

I'll add mine to the list, although it's pretty tame and ordinary by comparison!I've never done much more than spike myself with a fish fin, get a small cut from my bait knife, or slice my finger on braid.One late night out on the Outer Harbour Breakwater though, I was fishing with a friend new to fishing. I warned him of the dangers fishing the rocks in the dark, and told him to watch his footing.I found myself a large flat rock to perch myself upon, and while rebaiting on my large flat rock, I inadvertantly took a step backwards, doing my Homer simpson impersonation (DOH DOH DOH) as I bounced my way to the waters edge.I ended up sprawled over a rock a few inches above the waterline, lying there wondering what was broken. To my surprise, apart from a small graze on the elbow I was good as gold.Another time hooking the boat on the 4WD ready for a tournament, I was parked on a small incline and the boat trailer got away from me, ending with my hand being crushed between the tow coupling of the trailer and the bumper bar of the fourbie....I fished that tournament with a broken hand swollen like a baseball.A good friend of mine some years back now, often used to spend the evenings fishing the St Kilda channel alone. One evening he must have slipped on wet rocks and banged his head, as they found his body floating next morning. A sad occasion, but he did go out doing something he loved.

Guest Brent61
Only a few little spikes and scratches? Not one lost limb or case of permanent insanity bought on by being constantly outsmarted by a little fish? Lift ya game guys! :P I do recall once incidence a few years back. The member I "believe" from memory was Voogoofish (correct me if I'm wrong)' date=' who was spined by a stingray. The trip to hospital and subsequent testing actually showed up that he had a brain tumor he was unaware of at the time, so his unfortunate incident actually turned out to be a blessing in disguise, and a life saver for him! :clap:[/quote']correct

Ive been relatively lucky so far after looking at some of this :clap: Worst for me happened while I was trying to pry some frozen tommies apart one night. When they broke apart, one flew out of my hands, did a cartwheel or two in the air, then landed with its dorsal fin scraping the outer edge of my thumbnail :pinch: The largest spine slid up under the nails edge, with the end emerging just on the ball of my thumb :blink: The local Doc spent half an hour trying to get hold of it to get it out, but it kept crumbling away :S :whistle: So it was off to the RAH emergency dept where the Intern decided the best way was to simply do a nice firm and decisive slice from the entry to exit points exposing the spine.He used a local of course , but watching the end of my thumb peel open was pretty "entertaining" :dry: :huh::unsure:

i haven't got any photos but a few days ago me and two mates wend fishing off of the outer harbor break water and friend managed to collide with a air born soft plastic leaving him with a hook in his face. i couldn't stop laughing. unfortunately it fell out on the long walk back back before we got photos.