Hooking fish on the rolley poley

G'day Keen as,Rolley poley is shoving the rod under you arm and retrieving the line with both hands.It's a great way to excited pelagic's and speedsters in the salt as well as and triggering reluctant trout to strike in lakes and dams. It imparts a constant motion on the fly instead of the usual stop start jerky retrieve you get with normal stripping.You can also achieve constant motion with a figure of eight retrieve as well but this is a bit more finessey ;) and slower.Hope this helpsCheers1fish :boot:

Thanks 1fish,i relise the retrieve now,just didn,t relise thats what its called.I remember watching old peter morse wild fish episodes,where he used this retieve for queenies,seems like the only way to get the fly moving really fast,he used to set with the line and rod parrarel to water whilst palming the spool,it seems to me that it would prevent the hook pulling,from having no angle on the hook ,nor delay with stoping and striking?That just my theory,not fact as i have no experience in this regard.Thanks again for the info.