Cooking Cuttlefish ?

Picked up this monster the other night...[attachment=9987]IMGP1905640x480500x375.jpg[/attachment]So....whats your tried & tested recipes ? & what would you leave for the KGW's ?

Did that Cuttly go that color after putting him there ?Took me a moment to pick it out!Agree with the others. cook as per squid, and use head/ tentacles as a great bait :)

I"ve always cooked them up just like squid,very tender and very rich ,but nice.Beautiful creatures,I couldnt bring myself to kill one again I dont reckon after seeing a documentry on the critters...amazing animals and one of mother natures truly unusual and mysterious creations. Remember once catching a big mumma like that and putting it in a wheat sack with some snook, after the session found the thing had gone ballistic munching chunks out of the fish totally ruining a few of them.Cheers B)

I've never tried cuttlies but heard they can be a bit mushy? a lot softer than squid but just as nice.I get a few of them around hallett cove, look like bloody spaceships the way they go through the water and 'dock' with the squid jig :D yeah im crazy.always let them go, or if i see them, pull the jig up before they 'dock' lol.there's a few cool youtube vids involving cuttlefish and their camouflaging abilities.

Picked up this monster the other night...[attachment=9987]IMGP1905640x480500x375.jpg[/attachment]So....whats your tried & tested recipes ? & what would you leave for the KGW's ?

geezus.....that thing couldve given the queen mary 2 a couple of coats of gloss black, hope you landed it alright. very messy those buggers lolbtw i reckon the smaller ones are good eating.

Oh....it decorated the Yak alright. It was so big & heavy i had nowhere to put it apart from sitting in the footwell. It spewed up heaps of Black ink. :blink: It was a bugger to skin....very tough to break the membrane, & get your hand in & work it away from the flesh hood. The exposed flesh is very soft compared to squid.Had another try tonight with breadcrumbs, again in Peanut oil. Deebloodylicious :)