Landbased Squid & whiting Rod

Gday.I've finally finished a rod for myself - just as the warm weather is leaving us.After reading all the success with Yellowfin Whiting, I thought I'd knock myself up a long and light rod for targeting Whiting, Tommies, Salmon Trout and Squid from the rocks or shallow waters.MHX 2pc Graphite Spin 9’6” 4-8lb15.asmall.jpg15.esmall.jpgIt matches up nicely with my 2000 Sol which I just wound into the reel seat. When this crappy weather has passed, hopefully I’ll get the chance to give it a flick.Cheers.

NiceWhat are the guides?

Gday.The guides are the things that the line runs through from the reel to the tip of the rod...Nah just joking!They're just bottom end ATC guides mate. I didn't want to go nuts on the $$$ for this rod as Whiting, Squid and Tommies aren't going to throw down blisteringly long runs that necessitate higher-spec guides when using light braid.Hopefully when this weather clears through I'll give the rod a test run and post up the results.Cheers.