Congrats on your first trout.I too kept one of my first but actually felt regretful whilst cleaning it. Too pretty to not put back I reckon and the best thing is you no know where they are and you can go back and catch the same fish over and over if released.Anyway...to the recipe.Baked in alfoil with some herbs, lemon butter etc is the easiest way to go.You can also smoke them whole but I must admit, the ones I tasted I wasn't particularly fond of. Muddy compared to a nice clean snapper or whiting

Please, please, please dont threat about it. Both Browns were released, and before the trip started my mate(who caught, and ate one in the Grampians)and I stated that I will only ever keep my first one(unless of undesirables, like a swallowed lure, very unlikly). We have planned to let the rest go, like we do with Bream now, unless from a very sustainable place, or Vic. I too kept one of my first but actually felt regretful whilst cleaning it.I agree strongly with that statment, espesially, after what i found.P.S, thanks for all the advise, and yes, i also have heard reddies are the way to go, just want to try a Trout aswell :vomit: Yakman. :)

You mentioned in the freshwater section you're keen to head back to catch some more... Won't add up to many more trips for you or anyone else if you keep eating them ;)

Take one out and another will take it's place, trout are stocked in 'put and take' fisheries so eat all you want Yakmondo ;) don't listen to the guys who cry while cleaning fish :laugh: Thats their issue not yours. Fillet them up and roll in flour , egg and breadcrumb and shallow fry in butter ;)

Hehe i reckon this is going to be a funny thread :lol: haha bream recipies and trout recipies best not asked for given the number of keem lure anglers on this site.I ate my first trout i caught in the hills. Cooked it whole in flour with lemon pepeer seasoning. Tasted like crap.The same day i also caught redfin and they were awsome. Filleted, skinned and rolled in flour. Awesome.

You mentioned in the freshwater section you're keen to head back to catch some more... Won't add up to many more trips for you or anyone else if you keep eating them ;)

Take one out and another will take it's place' date=' [b']trout are stocked in 'put and take' fisheries so eat all you want Yakmondo[/b] ;) don't listen to the guys who cry while cleaning fish :laugh: Thats their issue not yours. Fillet them up and roll in flour , egg and breadcrumb and shallow fry in butter ;)
Screenshot2012-04-29at1.05.24AM.png :laugh: Really? Can't think of too many southern creeks, where this fish was caught, that are actively stocked and on public land.Regardless - Yakmando has already made it obvious he will enjoy these fish responsibly ;):clap:

Take one out and another will take it's place' date=' [b']trout are stocked in 'put and take' fisheries so eat all you want Yakmondo[/b] ;) don't listen to the guys who cry while cleaning fish :laugh: Thats their issue not yours. Fillet them up and roll in flour , egg and breadcrumb and shallow fry in butter ;)
[attachment=10120]Screenshot2012-04-29at1.05.24AM.png[/attachment] :laugh: Really? Can't think of too many southern creeks, where this fish was caught, that are actively stocked and on public land.Regardless - Yakmando has already made it obvious he will enjoy these fish responsibly ;):clap:
They had to be stocked at some stage Mars1 ;) self sustaining 'put and take' fishery then :)