Gday Guys.This one is a bit of as stupid question but I am sure a problem most anglers in fact encounter! After a days fishing and especially handling fish etc. When you go to wipe down Reels and Rods. Do you notice your Rods grips are quite smelly from the smell of fish.I am wondering can you wash Cork, EVA Grips with soap to get the smell out or is it something as anglers we have to put up with. Thanks and any suggestions welcomed. I know stupid questions but I am sure Mum is sick of my room smelling like fish! Lol TT

Just a wipe down with warm soapy water should do the trick TTIf theyre particularly dirty maybe leave a wet soapy cloth over the areas to soften the gunk a bit first and then use some diluted bleach solution to wipe them off before a rinse ;)

Would just go the warm soapy water, the bleach will stink more. ;)
Just a wipe down with warm soapy water should do the trick TTIf theyre particularly dirty maybe leave a wet soapy cloth over the areas to soften the gunk a bit first and then use some diluted bleach solution to wipe them off before a rinse ;)
Would just go the warm soapy water' date=' the bleach will stink more. ;)[/quote']yep, but thats why I suggested a good rinse afterwards, apart from which if its too strong it may "rot" EVA Heres a clip on Cork cleaning :)

For the more fussy type, does anyone have any good ideas on removing the scales that are REALLY stuck on :huh:

I find after a big fishing session in the boat mine get filthy so I scrub them gently with a soft scourer and warm soapy water. Comes up perfect and doesn't smell :)Nothing worse than going to grab the rod and it stinks before you go for a fish

Apart from possibly contaminating the freah bait maybe too ?
Unsure if vinegar will damage eva or cork' date=' but I give my hands a quick soapy wash and.then rinse with vinegar... Best thing I know.for removing that fishy smell... I've been known to.catch the odd fish and am quite partial to pilchard for bait :ohmy: and vinegar removes all! B)[/quote']Sounds good Jack. I love Tuna Oil but once it obsorbs into your hands it takes days to get rid of! I'll give vinegar a try. Good way to find out if you have any little cuts etc I imagine too. :ohmy:
After a session on the water I jump in the shower with them' date=' give them a scrub then hang them outside to dry. Spray with Inox once dry and put away.My wife thinks I am joking when I call them my girlfriends...[/quote']
Not suprised, when you tell her your off to play with your tackle in the shower :whistle: :cheer: For cleaning cork grips I just use warm soapy water and a toothbrush to get in the gaps.

For cleaning cork grips I just use warm soapy water and a toothbrush to get in the gaps.

I hope that it's a dedicated toothbrush you use Piranah :blink: Nothing worse than picking up the wrong toothbrush and starting to scrub only to find some old pillie bits getting loose in your mouth :sick: :c
No problems there mate! I'm always sure to only use the missus toothbrush ;)