I LOVE my combo! what combo do you LOVE !!!!?

Hey Hooksters,I've been going on about how much I love my Ugly Stik and Sedona on here since my Mrs gave the combo to me as a birthday present last October :) anyway I know it's been done before, but what's yer favourite combo??? Breaming to sharking or whatever. I.currently have an odd couple bream set up... I've paired a Tsunami 2-4kg sp rod with a Shimano Twinpower 2500 I do have a little Sedona, (and love it), but the Twinpower is a pretty specky little real for a spaz like me and really really like those Kmart tsunami rods :ohmy: I think that there are some killa little gems hidden in the budget range at the tackle.store and also in weird places like bigw and Kmart. At the same time, quality names like the Twinpower really are probably well worth the $$$$$.Here's some pics of the fun and captures that have lifted my 6000 Sedona and Platinum 6ft 9 6-10kg UglyStik to legendary status in my shed... The rod and reel get a freshwater rinse after ever sesh and still behave like new after plenty of boat spray and abuse locked up on the odd eagle ray.IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A SNAPPER OR MULLOWAY COMBO FOR $200-250... This combo represents the absolute unbreakable best in the market. When I was looking at T Curves last September, a tackle store dude told me uglystiks were SHITHOUSE now!!!!! To him I say, check out the fun had since our chat bud :P :P. (for the record a curved may be in my future as im intrigued, but think I might break one :ohmy: ) Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image [img Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image Tackle is a bloody.important part of our fishing time,

When I was looking at T Curves last September, a tackle store dude told me uglystiks were SHITHOUSE now!!!!! To him I say, check out the fun had since our chat bud :P :P. (for the record a curved may be in my future as im intrigued, but think I might break one :ohmy: Have to agree with you on that Jack uglystiks are very good rods I like them I do have a few T-Curves now But bigger $$$$ too happy :fishing::fishing: :fishing:P/S nice pics ;):laugh::laugh::laugh:

Spoken to moggy a bit about the T Curves and I think maybe they would be ideal for throwing my squidgy slick rigs and that :blink: Yeah, think I will save my pennies, but yeah, pretty sure they might need a good quality 3000-4000 reel rather than my big boofer Penn's and the Sedona?? Ps not into overheads much ;)

Hi jack well i rekon that it is part fisherman part tackle youve got the proof to show you are a good fishermen and so with thatyou know how to use your tackle so you get these great pics ,if you rekon your a spaz then i must be king spaz as i havent got any photos like the ones of the fish youve caught went out yesterday for 9 hours and got one cuttlefish not much of a show for the effort crispy :)

Nitro viper 6-8kg and luvias 3000, 20lb sunline. Easily my fave combo ive ever owned. Have other lure flickin set ups worth twice as much but can never go past this out fit when im fishing a bit heavier, light as a feather and easy to chuck bigger lures on all day and has stood up to every challenge so far including a crazy 3 hour Queenfish and Gt session in darwin and my first ever SBT at The Neptunes. I will never part with this combo lol its too versatile.

I have 3 favorite rods after a couple of years of juggling rod combos and it doesn't matter which one I'm using, it's equality good fun.The Catana 2-4 kg fitted a Sienna 2500FD loaded with 8 LB suffix braid, I use it mainly for squidding and chucking lures around from time to time.The next one is Revolution inshore Tcurve 4-7 kg with a Symetre 3000 loaded with 15 lb Suffix braid and mainly used it for for whiting, chucking lures around and anything else that jumps on the hook.And the one that gets the most work out on snapper is the Bluewater Snapper overhead 5-8 kg with a hot roded ABU7000 loaded with 20 lbs suffix, just love that rod, just can't break it, so far anyhow. B) They just bring a whole new experience to fishing :woohoo:

CRISPY, I'll post a video I took of myself yesterday trying to lift a eagle ray off the bottom yesterday.... This is unequivocal proof that I am a spaz mate... That's why I need that rod, cos I'm impatient and unco :laugh: heaps of fun.BenM, I actually was lucky enough to fish with a mate's Luvias a while back and it's left an impression on me, if I.had.the.cash it'd be up there on my list 4 sure. cool you have a set up you won't part with hey... I have a emotional bond to some of my gear that $$$ can't replace the memories and proven performance hey, like Queenie or gts... Sheesh!! @ Moggy, When I was on those snaps recently, there was another boat rocked up and one dude hooked up on what looked like a really light rod, but The fish was big like 7-8kg and I could see his forearms straining a bit.... I.yelled out what rod is that mate, it's doin a good job! He called out 't-curve'.... Just looked like one of my bream rods rather than a snapper rod.... Pretty impressive.... By the way he lost that fish boatside and nearly smashed the tcurve over the engine cowelling :laugh: Seen him land one before I left though :)

Cal... bloody killa real mate... notice youve got the rear drag hey :)CRISPY, below is unquestionable proof that i am a Spazzo mate ;)not the best start to days fishin :laugh:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ukRH64CJN0&feature=relmfuthen a fun little eagle ray hook up with the drag locked (20 minutes in)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3mJAtu6hOYBut there no keeping a good spazzo down!!! :laugh: :laugh: (language warning! :ohmy: )http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8x7GxwfFcdU:laugh: :laugh::laugh: no wonder my wife consistantly out fishes me!Posted ImageBut Deb "spoons" Perry is a champ...rock on Deb mate :) :):woohoo:

My fav setup at the moment is my Daiwa Luvias 701 LFS-R 4-8lb rod with Luvias DA 2500R loaded with Sunline PE 8lb. Also Daiwa Infeet Blue Backer BJ661XHS 8-20lb rod with same Luvias DA 2500R (other spool) loaded with Daiwa Sensor 20lb or Daiwa Fuego 3000A loaded with Daiwa Tournament 8Daiwa Tournament S 6-10kg rod with Daiwa Fuego 3000A or Daiwa Ballistic 2500SH

My Favourite combo has to be my T-curve 701 Snapper and Sustain 4000 running Schneider 20lb braid. this has knocked over some decent reds to 8.5kg but only had it a short time.Another combo that has really impressed me and I use mainly for bait and livebaiting is my Daiwa Seagate Hirimassa 63s and my Certate Hyper 4000 with 20lb Berkley Triline mono which has knocked over fish between 9.0kg and 12.5kg.My light outfit is a Diawa Spellbinder and 2506s Caldia running 6lb daiwa tournement and I use it from everything from rainbow trout to salmon and squidWas lucky enough to help a mate land a 60-70lb mully on a newish Certate 3000 the other day from the boat...that kind of blew my mind.

well jack s$##@t just happens you aint no spazo mate i have fitted two bilge pumps to the terra one either side of the spine ,this was only due to filling the rear with water then realizing that the spine seperates both sides so 2 pumps are needed ,i had an eagly on and got him right to boatsid and he snapped me of on the spray chine ,i am a bit concerened about your wife out fishing you though and i recomend that you seek some treatment for this in the way of sabotage to her fishing equipment so this cannot happen again ,also to deb "spoons" perry MAGIC MATE thats not as easy as it might look and there arent to many who can play the spoons especially that good so you see jack i am just as big a spaz as you hahahaha crispy :laugh:

My most used combo is a bcf cheapy shimano sss 702 2-4kg with a sedona 2500fd and 8lb mono is my take any where bait rod and have caught sum nice bream and a couple of small onka schoolies on it.my favourite combo atm is my jewel 701 1-4kg with a stradic 2500fi and 8lb power pro luv this rod was my first decently expensive out fit, soon to be knocked of the mantel tho have just bought a texalium 7'6" 6-10kg and plan on putting either a 5000 or 6000 sustain fg on it got 2 save the pennys first.

Texalium 6-10 hey ;) I've seen & drooled over them mate (hopefully not your one lol).I forgot about these.... Very very nice looking rod mate :) :) :) love to try one of them puppies out for sure!! And with the sustain it's going to be pretty impressive!! Is there anything in particular your planning on targeting with this?? Or just like me anything big enough to load it up? :woohoo: :woohoo:

I am hopefully going on my 1st charter out of Marion bay later in the year I would also like to organise a few out linclon and coffins would hope to chase anything big from Snapper Kingies SBT and sampsons this is the main reason I looked at this combo with 300+ meters of 30lb braid it should stop anything this state can throw at me, and I want to use it for mullys around the local area, have been saving for a long time to get this and got more saving to do so lets hope the fishing in the end will be worth the wait.

my fav would be my Sol type 2 mlfs matched with a sol 2500. I use it as my go to whiting rod off the boat and Hb's and Sp's for St's!!! Pretty nice and smooth outfit for the smaller species.I do love the $$$ gear but to be honest all my cheaper outfits have caught more fish! i wonder why that is hmm..

Combo 1:Havnt landed anything massive on it, but my mate did have a bit of fun landing a 50cm pannie in 13m of water with it last summer whilst trying to rustle up some live bait:Jewel 701 one piece 2-4kg with a Sonora 2500 and 10lb superpro braid.The one piece rod makes it a pain in the arse to transport, but its stiffer action and looks made me choose it over the equivalent T-curve.The Sonora is basically an American version of our Symetre, got it online for under $50 brand new to my door. Makes a great squid/slimy/whiting rod/gar set up but looked like alot of fun on the shallow water redfishHanging to throw some plastix or hardbodies at a school of some nice salmon with it , wish Id got to do it before selling my tub.Combo 2:Sweedish built Abu 7000 with carbontex washer, 20lb ebay braid and 10kg old school Jarvis walker fibreglass “international”.Knocked over any thing that Ive been able to hook with it, big redfish, smoothies, eaglies , small bronzies, loves it and loves it roughLast year I lost an eye on the rod, it cost me more to fix the eye than what the rod was to buy new, butthe combo was the last gift I received from my late mother so it will be with me foreverBy the way, non of my gear gets more than a good squirt with a hose once home, then on the rack, ready for next time

Combo 1: raider 762 matched with a 2500 sienna and 6lb braid. Lure flicking, casting unweighted baits, or lightly weighted rigs.Combo 2: ugly stik gold 661 8-10kg matched with penn slammer 560 live liner and 30lb braid. Bottom fishing, lure chucking, jigging and trolling.Combo 3: starlo stix 11' shore spin matched with an Okuma eclipz ec65 and 40lb braid. Chucking big baits, big lures and big rigs off into the distance off our beaches.Cheers, Ben

I am hopefully going on my 1st charter out of Marion bay later in the year I would also like to organise a few out linclon and coffins would hope to chase anything big from Snapper Kingies SBT and sampsons this is the main reason I looked at this combo with 300+ meters of 30lb braid it should stop anything this state can throw at me' date=' and I want to use it for mullys around the local area, have been saving for a long time to get this and got more saving to do so lets hope the fishing in the end will be worth the wait.[/quote']hehe mate a half decent kingfish or samson fish would just laugh at any combo containing only 30lb braid.Be very good on every thing else though from snapper to tuna.I love texaliums. My favourite combo at the moment is my tuna combo being a 6-8kg texalium matched with a daiwa seagate 3500. Holds 300 metres of 20lb braid.I wouldn't dare use this combo on a king or samson though.
I am hopefully going on my 1st charter out of Marion bay later in the year I would also like to organise a few out linclon and coffins would hope to chase anything big from Snapper Kingies SBT and sampsons this is the main reason I looked at this combo with 300+ meters of 30lb braid it should stop anything this state can throw at me' date=' and I want to use it for mullys around the local area' date=' have been saving for a long time to get this and got more saving to do so lets hope the fishing in the end will be worth the wait.[/quote'']hehe mate a half decent kingfish or samson fish would just laugh at any combo containing only 30lb braid.Be very good on every thing else though from snapper to tuna.I love texaliums. My favourite combo at the moment is my tuna combo being a 6-8kg texalium matched with a daiwa seagate 3500. Holds 300 metres of 20lb braid.I wouldn't dare use this combo on a king or samson though.
Hey Nanman, im planning on visiting Port Augusta in late August and was thinking of putting 50lb braid on the Sedona spool with a 70lb fluro trace to livebait kingfish (never done it before)... Do ya reckon this is any good? Ie 10kg UglyStik and the 6000reel with the above poundage???? Or whole different combo like my 20+kg rollered shark outfit??
I am hopefully going on my 1st charter out of Marion bay later in the year I would also like to organise a few out linclon and coffins would hope to chase anything big from Snapper Kingies SBT and sampsons this is the main reason I looked at this combo with 300+ meters of 30lb braid it should stop anything this state can throw at me' date=' and I want to use it for mullys around the local area' date=' have been saving for a long time to get this and got more saving to do so lets hope the fishing in the end will be worth the wait.[/quote'']hehe mate a half decent kingfish or samson fish would just laugh at any combo containing only 30lb braid.Be very good on every thing else though from snapper to tuna.I love texaliums. My favourite combo at the moment is my tuna combo being a 6-8kg texalium matched with a daiwa seagate 3500. Holds 300 metres of 20lb braid.I wouldn't dare use this combo on a king or samson though.
Hey Nanman, im planning on visiting Port Augusta in late August and was thinking of putting 50lb braid on the Sedona spool with a 70lb fluro trace to livebait kingfish (never done it before)... Do ya reckon this is any good? Ie 10kg UglyStik and the 6000reel with the above poundage???? Or whole different combo like my 20+kg rollered shark outfit??
do you tink the drag would hold up on the sendona jack? kingies go pretty dam hard they are like frieght trains....

Hmmmm Tough One!Would have to be either the:1. Gladiator Impact Pro and the Accort XT 1000 with 5lb Power Pro. This Outfit is killer! The rod while being really light is very strong right through the Blank. It is super fast tapered and casts a mile! The Reel is smooth and has a nice clean drag matched with the Power Pro this is a formidable fish weapon and has caught many fish! Just ask Breambo25 he has seen this first hand locked up and buckled! And for those interested this outfit caught me an Eagle Ray at Port Vincent.2. Is my All rounder the Shimano Sonic Pro V2 (Split Grips and New Cosmetics.) and my like many others Sedona 2500 with 10lb Power Pro. I mainly Squid with this outfit but have flicked Hard Bodies for Salmon, Plastics for Flathead and a whole manner of other species with this combo. Very strong and the outfit I probably put the most trust into!Cheers TT

I love my squidding outfit to be honest.Its an 8ft LB Shimano Sephia teamed up with a Daiwa Triforce 2500 loaded with 10lb braid. It casts an absolute mile and has the ability to dead lift big squid up the side of a jetty. It's gr8. :clap::fishing:

I have a Sephia rod also with a Tierra 2500 and they're very impressive.
Hi JackFor larger kings I think your 10kg Ugly Stick & 6000 Sedona reel is unsuited to the task however its better than nothing if that's all you've got.For live baiting i think you'd be better off with a 5' 6" 15kg stoker type rod and a reel with a smooth drag that can hold say 350 metres of 50lb mono.Thicker 50lb mono is much more abbrasion resistant than thinner 50lb braid. That could be critical if you're fishing near structure or have 50 other boats anchored around you at pt augusta.At the end of the day luck also plays a part in landing a big king it wouldn't surprise me too much if you did land one with your Sedona.