I LOVE my combo! what combo do you LOVE !!!!?

My most Flavorite COMBO[attachment=10252]imagesCA3DRBH1.jpg[/attachment]mmmmmmmmmmmmm HJ's

Nice combo Chief :) what kind of poundage is that? would it suit a whole day on the water fishing for murray cod? do you prefer to go a whopper with cheese or without? what kind of species have you caught while consuming that combo? sorry for all the questions i'm a Hungry jacks newbie :)

Nice combo Chief :) what kind of poundage is that? would it suit a whole day on the water fishing for murray cod? do you prefer to go a whopper with cheese or without? what kind of species have you caught while consuming that combo? sorry for all the questions i'm a Hungry jacks newbie :)Ultimate Double Whopper with Cheese....... (ultimate has Bacon as well)That would be just breakfast, I would pack sandwiches for lunch... What have I caught ?Caught the eye of plenty of 100lb+ Birds while using this comboand prolly a few big worms.Sorry to Hijack .... :blush: Mods feel free to delete as you see fit

A 20lb handline....LolFave Whiting rig is a Calcutta 50 with 20lb finns and Carbontec drag and abec 7 bearing upgrade on a CB 566 IMX Loomis. Also doubles as a Snapper rod in case I lose one over the side.Snapper rod is a Sol 300 with upgrades running 30lb finns on a custom built Heartland 2-4kg that has been shortened on the tip and extended in the butt and running fuji lowrider guides. That combo has pulled up stingrays, snapper, sharks and tuna and I keep trying to break it as a couple of members off Strike hook have seen.The Sol has started to get a little rough so it needs a rebuild but replacing it will be the Luvias 2500R.For Ultra light I have a Luvias 1500 with 4lb Bass hard and a St Croix custom stick with TATSG guides. I also use this on Whiting and Snapper if they are around in numbers for fun. Great for light plastics and Ultra small hard bodies.

i bought myself a Stella 5000 and matched it with a Wilson Live Fibre Snapper FC 7ft rod 4-10kg. caught bluefin up to 12 odd kg's, snapper, whiting, nannys, a groper, eagle rays...its very versitile. got 30lb power pro braid on it at the moment which is probably a bit heavy for the rod but it handled it nicely even when i locked up 13kgs of drag on the tuna. it was an expensive combo but its paid for itself i reckon :)

Mine would have to be my Sure catch Detector Tournament Pro, 4-8lb, paired with my Shimano Aernos FA 1000.Have caught Snapper, Bream, KG's, YFW, ST'S, Snook, carp and more on the rod, and on rod and reel have caught EP's, nice Bream, Trout, Snook, and hooked a Rat King, and Mulloway(both which stole my lures :angry: ) on the combo, as i only got the reel a month ago. Its amazing!!! :woohoo: Yakman. ;)

• 5 months later...

Hey Hooksters' date='I've been going on about how much I love my Ugly Stik and Sedona on here since my Mrs gave the combo to me as a birthday present last October :) anyway I know it's been done before, but what's yer favourite combo??? Breaming to sharking or whatever. I.currently have an odd couple bream set up... I've paired a Tsunami 2-4kg sp rod with a Shimano Twinpower 2500 I do have a little Sedona, (and love it), but the Twinpower is a pretty specky little real for a spaz like me and really really like those Kmart tsunami rods :ohmy: I think that there are some killa little gems hidden in the budget range at the tackle.store and also in weird places like bigw and Kmart. At the same time, quality names like the Twinpower really are probably well worth the $$$$$.Here's some pics of the fun and captures that have lifted my 6000 Sedona and Platinum 6ft 9 6-10kg UglyStik to legendary status in my shed... The rod and reel get a freshwater rinse after ever sesh and still behave like new after plenty of boat spray and abuse locked up on the odd eagle ray.IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A SNAPPER OR MULLOWAY COMBO FOR $200-250... This combo represents the absolute unbreakable best in the market. When I was looking at T Curves last September, a tackle store dude told me uglystiks were SHITHOUSE now!!!!! To him I say, check out the fun had since our chat bud :P :P. (for the record a T curve may be in my future as im intrigued, but think I might break one :ohmy: ) [img']http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff374/supernorthbank/b9d37ff8.jpg[/img] Posted ImagePosted Image [img Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image Tackle is a bloody.important part of our fishing time,

for MOSLER ;)
  • 2 weeks later...

My favourite combo would be my beach snapper setup. The rod is a Century Tip Tornado Low Diameter Super Match (TTLDSM) 13' matched with a Penn Squall 12 overhead, 30lb braid, fished low mount.I also fish alongside it it's bigger brother, the Tip Tornado Super Match (TTSM) 13'6" with a Squall 15, also fished low mount with Ultima Power Steel mono in 15lb.For lighter work, my bream/ST combo is a Shimano 3 piece 2-4kg travel raider, about 6 - 6'6 long, a Shimano Stradic 2500 (older gold/silver model)'with 6lb Fireline.All great combos and have caught me good fish and good memories :) Regards,SB

My favorite Ugly Stik, currently paired with a Pfleuger Trinity is my go to combo for light fishing on any smaller species around AdelaideThe Ugly is older than I am and doesn't have the rating or any details on it any more but it's 6ft and approx 1-4kg and has a very slow taper, bending right through the blank. One of the originals that you can almost tie in a knot! :P Great little rod that has seen many many fish in it's lifetime.The Trinity is roughly 1500, 2000 in size and spooled with 2lb Power Pro. Bought it on a whim in Kiama NSW when I was on holidays and it's never let me down since. Thoroughly recommend them for a decent little reel.

• 4 weeks later...
Combo 2: ugly stik gold 661 8-10kg matched with penn slammer 560 live liner and 30lb braid. Bottom fishing' date=' lure chucking, jigging and trolling.[/quote']Running an almost identical combo 'cept Ugly Stik gold 6'6 4-8kg.Got this combo a few years ago but love it as it's almost the perfect Gar combo. A 602 2-4kg shimano RTS or rugger tip series from K-Fart with a 2500 hyperloop. Not a big dollar combo by any means but for gar i love it. The reel bit the dust friday night while on a mates new tinny and i replaced it with a shimano ax2500 today with 8lb line, good enough for gar fishing.@Twitch Twitch, i picked up a Sonic Pro V2 702 2-4kg, how do you find yours? Are they pretty much a Catana?
Just Me Wrote@Twitch Twitch, i picked up a Sonic Pro V2 702 2-4kg, how do you find yours? Are they pretty much a Catana?Hey mate.Yer they are on the Catana blanks. They are basically a big black Catana.In saying that nothing wrong with the Catana or the Sonic Series.I love mine, use it for everything. Bream, Salmon, Whiting, Squid etc etcTT