Biggest king George whiting

PB for me is 63cm, not sure what it weighed. Biggest I've seen was 70cm by my step-father.Both caught the same day from Snooks Landing in Pt Lincoln many moons ago. Bagged out that day with all fish being 50+.Apparently the Australian Record is 2.3kg according to Fishnet(not sure how accurate their info is). Wikipedia lists them as growing to 72cm and 4.8kg in weight but that's got to be a mistake. :ohmy:

Biggest i've heard of is 2kg as someone said but i've never seen a photo. Biggest i've caught would be a touch over 50cm. Biggst one i've seen in a photo would be the one that eeles put up, think it was in SA angler a while back.4.8gk would be stupidly big! If it ever existed i would have loved to see a photo

They are some amazing pics of big whiting ,cant beleive the one that lady is holding, thats a monster ,saw a vid on youtube of some guys with an esky full of excellent whiting ,advertising some kind of burley, burley king or something supposed to be the bees knees for atracting these things nice fish though ,oh well one of these days best i caught is around 37cm still nice though to eat crispy