Calamari Pasta

Great topic, I hope you guys like eating, cause I will post heaps of recipes for you.Ok boys, this is not from a jar, so try to keep up. {SMILIES_PATH}/cheesy.gif Finely chop 2 chilli's, 1 medium onion, and 3 garlic cloves.Heat a good quality olive oil in a high sided frying pan, and brown the chilli, garlic and onion.In another pan, have a good pasta cooking.When your onion is brown, get a can of whole peeled roma tomatoes and run a knife thru them while still in the tin, when roughly chopped add to pan.Simmer this while you prepare squid. Take 4-5 good size squid tubes, cut them open so they are flat. Score the squid with diagonal cuts, don't cut all the way through. then cut into about 2 inch squares, and add to sauce.When the squid starts to curl, throw in the pasta, and a little fresh pasley, toss and serve, with a large dollop of Sour CreamEnjoy that boys.

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

haha! Kings, its easy to get squid wrong, either got to cook it for 3mins or 1 hour, anything in between and its rubber! Like Ninja said, when it curls its done! My fav recipie for squid was taught by my nonna from naples and it involves cooking it in tomatos for 2 hours. If ya lucky i might post it up, but its a family secret, we like to blow friends away with it (if they're lucky!).