Port Germein jetty

I used to go there a lot as a kid, you can get some massive sand whiting about 1/3 the way down the jetty on a high tide in summer there, the hotter the better. If its cold and low tide I wouldnt waste my time unless you like catching shitties!At night you may be a chance for some snapper at the right time of year from the end near the wrecked pylons.By the way I have seen a school of huge Kingies cruising the sand flats there on high tide, I thought they were dolphins at first but when they didnt come up for air and cruised past us in crystal clear water I realised what they were, it was an awesome sight in shallow and flat calm water and they actually rippled the water above there heads.

it's a bit of a waste land out there if you are there at the wrong time. Yellowfin are the bestoption in warm months on a rising early morning or late afternoon tide, you can bag out if you use live clickers as bait. This time of year, i know it may sound a bit crazy, but i would specifically target flathead on soft plastics. Let the heavy jig head sink completely on the sand patches and then work your jig erratically and slowly

At night there should be plenty of Snook and Tommies under the lights. Try for squid at dusk if the tide is high and not moving much, try at the very end.Whiting should be around still in the shallows at night, very swallow so don't walk very far. They were hot about a month ago not to sure now though.

• 2 weeks later...