I try to fly- my new weapon against my arch nemesis Mr Trouty

Got this in the mail today, luckily ordered just before the Aussie dollar dropped below parity again.Gonna set her up with a nice 3 weight rod to use in battle against the finicky trout that live down the end of my street. These fish love to laugh at my hard and soft lure offerings whilst they casually sip bugs off the surface near my feet..... Hopefully a tiny dry or nymph will do the trick. Limited edition brown trout Ross Evolution LT SE.... Can't wait to try it out. :woohoo: :woohoo: Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Sweet bit of bling mate. Now for a nice little Sage TXL-F 7'10" 3 weight to go over it would be nice and you'll have a ripper setup.Cheers Dazz

You read my mind there mate!Tossing up either getting a factory made OR buying the Sage blank and getting Rob to practice his rod building skills with it! Ha ha ha. Gotta ditch the P.O.S. line and get something decent for it too.

Sweet bit of bling mate. Now for a nice little Sage TXL-F 7'10" 3 weight to go over it would be nice and you'll have a ripper setup.Cheers Dazz

Tossing up either getting a factory made OR buying the Sage blank and getting Rob to practice his rod building skills with it! Ha ha ha. Gotta ditch the P.O.S. line and get something decent for it too.
I'd go with the factory build for sure :laugh::laugh: :evil: What line did they send you, get yourself a RIO LT DT3F line mate, suits the Sage's delicacy beautifully. Cheers Dazz
Tossing up either getting a factory made OR buying the Sage blank and getting Rob to practice his rod building skills with it! Ha ha ha. Gotta ditch the P.O.S. line and get something decent for it too.
I'd go with the factory build for sure :laugh::laugh: :evil: What line did they send you' date=' get yourself a RIO LT DT3F line mate' date=' suits the Sage's delicacy beautifully. Cheers Dazz[/quote''] The line is a no-name generic one that feels worse than the one that came with my wife's $10 reel :-) I have already ordered that exact line through eBay :-) however the rod is a few weeks away- prob going to be my present to myself to make me feel better after I have seen how much the tax man has bled from me this FY. Cheers,Nick.