Hey everyone,got some cash to splash and was thinking of purchasing a DSLR so I can take decent shot while I'm out fishing. Looking around and the Nikon D5100 seems like a good deal, but I'm still unsure.Now I am looking at only the body and possibly an 18-55mm stock lens. I figure there is no point paying for an extra lens when I could spend some more money and get better quality lenses down the track.The camera body is currently going for $547 including postage, I can make a various choice of lenses laterThe site I get my prices from is www.eglobaldigitalcameras.com.au

not a bad camera.. mate has one.. check out harvey normans or someplace like that.. they often have package deals of twin lens kits.. and are very good value when added up buying seperately.. my canon eos100d i paid less than 900 for with the twin lenses... to buy seperatly i was looking around the 1200 mark, even on ebay... much easier for warrenty etc etc if any problems.. i never pay what they ask.. even if on special... they knocked another 50 off for paying cash even when it was on special...

its a pretty good deal.. certainly if i was in the market again it would be on my list.. the lenses are pretty good quality as well.. and a clear or uv lens filter over the front is the first thing i would buy .. protects the lens proper from scratches... talking professional lenses is another ball game.. friend with same lens as my big one, but a 78mm instead of a 58mm... very nice lens.. but at $1700 JUST for the lens it aint that good...for me anyway .. im a tightwad :laugh:

Well I bit the bullet and purchased the 5100 single lens kit with insured postage for less than $650. Can't wait to actually take some decent photos while I'm out wetting a line!

well done.. you might want to get it insured.. cameras dont float.. i know this.... :dry:

Well I bit the bullet and purchased the 5100 single lens kit with insured postage for less than $650. Can't wait to actually take some decent photos while I'm out wetting a line!

well done.. you might want to get it insured.. cameras dont float.. i know this.... :dry:
Excellent idea. Just for future reference also...iPhones don't swim