What's everyone's Winter Targets now the fair weather brigade have packed up!?

Great time of the year people! Gone are the crowded ramps :woohoo: the fair-weather fisho's are rugged up in their cots :PWhat are you REAL fisho's up to?? 2kg of metro salmon or proper 7kg fish elsewhere?KGs ought to be on the menu!!! Of course there's Kingy talk a foot too and the usual sneaky mully stalkers :cheer:Me I like trying to find some deep bream, gunning for kilo plus salmon/St, will most definately put a pt Augusta Kingy attempt in and of course.... Blah blah, have a crack at a big mully.The little adventures I'm most keen on are a few hills trips for trout, and I'm going to return for a bit of a metro KG drift, two sets of skills I'm yet to get working well :) But hey, there's plenty of room out landbased (except St kilda and pt N jetty lol) and plenty of room on the water..... Cos like I say...The fair-weather brigade are gone and us mongrel winter fisho's are free to rip it up out and about... Plenty on offer over winter ;)What are youse up to??? I'm keen to try some new angling and make the most of the quiet season :) :)

I hear ya man...me, I'm gonna try and get myself a metro silver ghost.. never caught one so now is a better time than any and I think I have found a few interesting land based spots. A new friend of mine now has a boat so I think a KG hunt or two will be on the cards but, like you, I am extremely keen to give a Pt augusta kingie a crack so I might have to convince him on that one too. I reckon this time of year is a great chance to improve on my lure abilities with all the STs around around and just perfect something that is relatively new to meCrackin post Jack!

Hi jack am going out on friday to see what i can get will use the same haunts as usual from hallets to brighton and maybe a small bit further (always concerned abotu fuel burn)will drift around brighton area for kg and squid ate my last one tonight so have to try to stock up the ramps will be fairly free apart from the die hards ,i tell you i have used this little boat more than i ever used the other one ,by now it would be wrapped up in its winter coat but not the terror try out my new screen as well crispy :)sideconsulscreenandgarlight006.JPG

Yeah, nice one Crispy! I find once we head into winter proper, the weather is a lot more predictable and surprisingly the seas a lot better (in between the marching cold fronts of course :ohmy: ) .I'm going to use the conditions to slowly inch out a little further in me tinny and see if I can't get a little more comfortable outside the 5-10km zone. I'm way north of your grounds obviously, but I'm planning on fishing the silt a bit and may even do a few two tank runs :woohoo: The only thing is when you get wet this time of year it tends to be reeeeaaal chili :laugh: Reckon you timed the addition of the screen very well ;) Good luck mate... Them KGs fight hard and taste great, I am hoping I ge to experience it a bit, cos it's been a while since I've got amongst em :(

This Winter I will be chasing a 5lb Plus Rainbow on a Wildbait, and if all goes well I should get it, or one of the Wildbait boys will. lolAnd I've been hankering to start targetting some Kingfish. I will of course have a line out for Snapper at the same time. I'm also keen to keep occupied by throwing some Soft Plastics around out on the water this winter. Bring it on! or Freeze it on! ;);):d/

If there's one thing I have just found out...it's that Pt Vic whiting pull Adelaide whiting backwards (Probabaly Port broughtons as well for that matter) :P 3 Days, 3 bags with most a FAT 40cm+ :f Always do well on the winter whiting but winter for me is about chasing salmon/mullet/bream and hitting up the creeks for redfin and trout.Alway plenty of options and as mentioned, nice to see the crowds down and only the die hards out. I'll be the one standing at Sullies ramp still chucking lures around in gortex with waves crashing over me while the others run off the rocks when the waves come....love it :rain::fishing:

If there's one thing I have just found out...it's that Pt Vic whiting pull Adelaide whiting backwards (Probabaly Port broughtons as well for that matter) :P 3 Days' date=' 3 bags with most a FAT 40cm+ :f Always do well on the winter whiting but winter for me is about chasing salmon/mullet/bream and hitting up the creeks for redfin and trout.Alway plenty of options and as mentioned, nice to see the crowds down and only the die hards out. I'll be the one standing at Sullies ramp still chucking lures around in gortex with waves crashing over me while the others run off the rocks when the waves come....love it :rain::fishing:[/quote']you aint getting away with this!as Bigmac54 was told "no photo no proof"

Now that I've got the boat, I'll be targeting pretty much anything that swims!! Went out today for a couple of hours and managed some decent sand whiting and a Sweep off of Moana. Plenty of Tommies around the burley trail too. Did some trolling along the Pt Noarlunga reef but nothing happening there ATM.So when can we expect the KG's to start down this way (South Metro)?

If there's one thing I have just found out...it's that Pt Vic whiting pull Adelaide whiting backwards (Probabaly Port broughtons as well for that matter) :P 3 Days' date=' 3 bags with most a FAT 40cm+ :f Always do well on the winter whiting but winter for me is about chasing salmon/mullet/bream and hitting up the creeks for redfin and trout.Alway plenty of options and as mentioned' date=' nice to see the crowds down and only the die hards out. I'll be the one standing at Sullies ramp still chucking lures around in gortex with waves crashing over me while the others run off the rocks when the waves come....love it :rain::fishing:[/quote'']you aint getting away with this!as Bigmac54 was told "no photo no proof"
:whistle: :lol:
If there's one thing I have just found out...it's that Pt Vic whiting pull Adelaide whiting backwards (Probabaly Port broughtons as well for that matter) :P 3 Days' date=' 3 bags with most a FAT 40cm+ :f Always do well on the winter whiting but winter for me is about chasing salmon/mullet/bream and hitting up the creeks for redfin and trout.Alway plenty of options and as mentioned' date=' nice to see the crowds down and only the die hards out. I'll be the one standing at Sullies ramp still chucking lures around in gortex with waves crashing over me while the others run off the rocks when the waves come....love it :rain::fishing:[/quote'']you aint getting away with this!as Bigmac54 was told "no photo no proof"
Bahahaha :laugh: c'mon Jaggs :) break out a few pics to make us all green with envy :).
My List:1.Definitely would be hitting the Salmon.. Very keen on that. Light Lines should be good.2. Want to crack a wild Stream Trout. 3. Keeping the Bream streak going.4. KG Whiting somewhere? :huh: 5. Going and hitting the SAFWAA Dams. Yet to do that since my Membership.Plus as well taking more Fishing Photos, Working on my Underwater stuff and generall kicking some fishy Butt! :laugh::laugh:Tight Lines everyone should be good! TT

We'll mainly be targetting KGs, locally and over on Yorkes, along with any other "special" oppurtunities that come by :)

Bahahaha :laugh: c'mon Jaggs :) break out a few pics to make us all green with envy :).
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :pinch: Chuck T seekers already promised huge trout being caught on CH1 tonight, and not all of us have CH1 :S :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
I need no proof pops. My fish, my freezer, my belly. Can bring u sum if u like

Met a guy today local who had half a dozen kidney slapper size KGs. Gave me the heads up too. Reckons he's bagged out twice in the last two trips and he's well known at the ramps and a genuine fisho.I'll be looking out for his boat and car at the ramps from now on lol. ;) I'll be chasing whatever lands in my boat on the day. Today i was in Leather Jacket alley.

Met a guy today local who had half a dozen kidney slapper size KGs. Gave me the heads up too. Reckons he's bagged out twice in the last two trips and he's well known at the ramps and a genuine fisho.I'll be looking out for his boat and car at the ramps from now on lol. ;) I'll be chasing whatever lands in my boat on the day. Today i was in Leather Jacket alley.

I reckon a few "jackets" would go down beautifully this weekend!

I'll be continuing to try to crack a decent Salmon off the local beach, still haven't cracked the 1kg mark, came pretty close but no cigar.Also be hitting the fresh targeting reddies and trout. Great reddy sesh with Uhf recently so went back with my old man yesterday to hit it up again and they decided not to play at all :laugh: it seems dad's a bad luck charm :( Give's me inspiation to give the place another crack some time soon ;)

iam gona try get my first mulloway. gona be hitting up the port river as often as possiable at night time. just have to find a few spots where ther isnt to many rays and pt jackson sharks. went out sunday night and all we got were rays and pt jacksons. maybe i need to change my tactics to get myself a mully. hmmmm :P