What is the "wankiest" name for a piece of fishing tackle that you've ever heard?

I recently posted about the new Shimano TranX reel. This got me thinking - there are some pretty wacky names out there for reels. Then I thought, sh*t, there are some equally wacky names for rods as well. Oh right, then there's the "goldmine" of lure names...My first thoughts were that the various Japanese manufacturers have set the bar fairly high in this regard, but I'm interested in your feedback.Let's see if we can narrow it down to a "Top 5". :whistle: Cheersaf

Eggi or Egi - However the you know what you spell it?Its still a squid jag! :d/:d/:d/

yeh, who wouldve thought the japanese had a diffrent word for "squid jag":Being a master of the Egi is to be a master of the squid jig. Egi translated from Japanese into English basically means ‘squid lure’.^^taken from the berkley site
  • 1 year later...

Not a name of a piece of tackle but one that grieves me everytime I hear it.I 'slow rolled' my lure past the snag........translation....slowly wound it in. I reckon that's pretty wanky!

Oh yeah,used to see and hear plenty of that wanky stuff on that afc thingy they use to show.Seeing those guys dressed up in american style outfits using terms like "to the fork'..'.slow rolled" "couple of quick hops' ect,then high five each other when some poor suburban waterway bream, that had been spending most of its life picking barnacles off some old boat hull or concrete wall, hit the deck of their 60 grand outfit ,hanging off the end of their 1500 dollar combo...yeah that would of been the height of wankness :woohoo: