small rod for trout fishing in the bush....

rightioim after a smaller rod for my trout explorations. looking on nearmaps on new areas and looks like we'll be looking at going through some rough country and thick scrub with lots of fallen trees and all that which makes my 7ft rod to long and gets in the way... so im after something around the 5'6 6foot at the most... that is 1-3/2-4kg and has a nice action to flick lures in tight streams and what not... price is no object... what do you guys use.. if i cant find what im after i will probably get something custom made or come up with something...

If money no objective id be emailin Ian Miller lol' date=' or a nitro 6' vapour, being a 2 peice and with the $60 insurance policy if you happen to snap the tip you can get a brand new top half for 60 bucks. Awesome rods for flickin tiny little bream and trout lures, easily my fave bream rods[/quote']i was actually thinking of getting one of them.... so you like them then?

Hey southie...Live dangerously and try something like this:http://www.completeangler.co.nz/shakespeare-ugly-stik-kayak-rod-xidp246399.htmlGreat for fishing in close conditions in skinny water country with lots of overhead shrubbery. I don't know whether they're still readily available - I bought a similar one quite some moons ago and they are fun to use.Cheersaf

If money no objective id be emailin Ian Miller lol' date=' or a nitro 6' vapour' date=' being a 2 peice and with the $60 insurance policy if you happen to snap the tip you can get a brand new top half for 60 bucks. Awesome rods for flickin tiny little bream and trout lures, easily my fave bream rods[/quote'']i was actually thinking of getting one of them.... so you like them then?
Yea i love them mate, have tried alot of bream rods too and have settled on the nitros coz i love a rod with a fast action and they look nice and plain but still classy lol. They are so bloody light too but still have plenty of grunt.

I make a two piece flick stick at 4' just for this. Next time you come for a fish give me a shout. Cheap as cheaps as well - you could buy ten of these for the price of some of the other rodsYou can give it a try out on the reddies hereIts a glass rod as well so you can give those overhead trees a flogging with it and not worry too much about breaking itCouple of other designs you might like as well.I'll be at the Boat Show this month and strike and hookers get their usual discountStuart