whats the best landing net for a reasonable price??

I opened my collapsible net this morning in the anticipation of some fishy success in a quick LB flick before work, and it was cactus :( I've had it for a few years and it was cheap, but can't remember where it came from. I'll be looking for a replacement tonight and will let you know if I find a decent buy. ;)

Got a Javis walker "environet" for around $20 from tackle world' date=' pretty good imo![/quote']My uncle uses an environment on his boat too. They are much better for the fish's health because they don't destroy the slime coating or the eyes or anything like that. I think they cost a bit more than a regular mesh net, however when fishing catch and release theyre vitally important.

The last one I bought had a fold up sytem that worked quite well, but they dont like much strain on them at all, and collapse when u dont want them too :pinch: :whistle: Prob the best Ive had was $10 bux from K-Mart. The frame and hadle is all aluminim about 1.5m long.Look for the ones with the green nylon mesh and triangular mouth :)

Sounds like the "collapsible" nets are doing their work admirably... :whistle: :laugh:

yep unfortunateley they do.Just when the deabate over reel quality died off a bit, the net topic came up and took its place :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: Hopefully this wont turn into a I spend $100 on my netsVSI spend $10 on my netsArgument/ Debate/ Verbal punch-up :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: :whistle: :d/