THEFT ALERT! Know someone who suddenly owns a custom sabre and a Sol????!

mms_img-1548940204.jpgMy mate Stu has fished with his daiwa sol 3000 since forever and had it beautifully paired with a Custom (black) 6kg Sabre.It's almost like this combo is part of MY family as I have had many kick ass sessions with Stu next to me using this gear.IT knocks over snaps and mullies with ease and will be sorely missed! :(Stu lives in the northern suburbs and had the big shed open while many tradies came and went erecting a new fence and digging ditches and doing a retaining wall. One of the bastards took this combo :angry: and a Abu 6000.No insurance which is dumb since he works in insurance :silly: If anyone hears anything, please let us know ;)Trouble is it's footy season and only cos the association game last week he came fishin with me after a 3 week hiatus, so we can only narrow the theft to the last two weeks from last Friday night.Here is a shot of of one of the many sabre/sol victims (will load a pic of the combo when I find one). It's a long shot but you never know who may know something :whistle:DSC_0032.JPG

I really do hope one of the tradies did not steal that combo. If so, that is an absolute disgrace! That would be the last thing a customer would expect from people they are Paying! How grossly unprofessional?! Has 'Stu' rung around with some of the bosses of the companies supplying the tradies? If I were him I would tell the bosses what has happened before expressing my concern that one of their workers was the thief. I know it may be a long shot but maybe such a call would inspire one of the bosses to further investigate the issue? What sort of boss would allow a situation like the to simply play out whilst their company's reputation diminished?At the end of the day, I really feel sympathetic towards 'Stu.' I cannot begin to imagine how bad it would be to lose a quality combo like that. Especially when it has caught that many fish and brought that many good memories.

I wouldn't rule out anyone, could very well be them tradies. The thing is, thieves are so good at what they do. If they see an opportunity they will go for it. No matter where, no matter when.I had an outfit stolen in a blink of an eye not too long ago at the West Lakes bridge. Left it unattended for not even a minute! and BAM it was gone..It sucks no doubt, just take it on the chin and be more cautious. THIEVES ARE EVERYWHERE.I will definitely keep my eye out for this..

That sucks dude! Has stu done the rounds of the local crime converters?Nikhum I was talking to one of your relatives about that at the bridge, Can't believe how quickly they did it! There was a kid around the age of 13-15 hanging around there for a bit then I suddenly haven't seen him for awhile after it happened.. Little suss.

That sucks dude! Has stu done the rounds of the local crime converters?Nikhum I was talking to one of your relatives about that at the bridge' date=' Can't believe how quickly they did it! There was a kid around the age of 13-15 hanging around there for a bit then I suddenly haven't seen him for awhile after it happened.. Little suss.[/quote']Couldn't believe it either, I mean it was a heavy outfit - one piece 10ft rod with a big fat BG90 on it so definitely not something you can just run off with without being seen. But yep keep ya gear in your sights at all times!