salt creek 15th-17th june absolutely insane

well fellas where do i start its been a while but i got invited on a trip too salties with the boys from Anglers choice some people my like that or not but its not the point just the way it all started .So anyway got this invite too hit salties fro 3 days leaving 3am friday morning the 15th and like my arm had too be twisted i was in without hesitation.so the time gre closer after a couple of weeks of waiting watching the weather and so fourth and then it didnt look good as we all know last weekend wasnt suppose too be the time for heading too salt creek with the wethear fronts we had coming in.so anyway made the dreaded call on thursday night too make sure it was all still on and yep we had prepared for the worst as you do down there and we truly epxected it :rain::(:boot: .so we headed down early friday morning all still expecting too get blown off the water and into the esky .well on the way past meningie and headed too slaties the sun was popping up and it seemed rather calm from what we thought it would be .anyway headed onto salties and cmae on at 42 a few hours before high tide not alot of beach left already so we pushed up and onto the back track and made our way back onto the beach and up past tea tree we spent the next 4 or so hours just checking for the gutter we wanted and found it around 18k past tea tree. so as ya do when its a bit chilly we whackedo nthe waders and setup up camp ready too fish .Within the first half hour or one the boys landed an undersize mully ,good sign of things too come we hoped .As for the weather ive only done 3 trips too salties and this was the best ive seen there at one stage a couple of the fellas were in shorts and t shirts .so anyway we fished on and got a few more small mullies had a feed then the first legal mully for the weekend rolled out of the gutter courtesy of 1 of the fellas and he had his first ever legal mully.after that we fished on into the early hours of the morning as you do down there. i decided too get a few hours shut eye and was up by 745 with all of 3 hours sleep both nights before :laugh: .so after i got up and ha d a biati nthe water one ofthe other boys was up and promptly done the same .fished on for a while i got myself a 2.5kg salmon which i was happy with as both trips before i hadnt caught anything :laugh: .not long after my mate who just got up half hour before landed his first legal saltie mully and went running into camp yelling out fish on :laugh: .well all the rest of the boys were up and fishing not long after too say the least. maybe half an hour or after waking up the same fella who landed his first ever mully the night before then proceeded too beat his other mully the next morning.By this stage we had already landed atleast 10 to 12 vundersize mullies along with 3 keepers.so anyway i was up early and decided too fish closer too camp and my mates brother moved up into where i was the night before. Well silly me i guess but not long after he landed a nice size gummie. meanwhile i was seeing undersize and legal mullies being pulled all around me .so i decided the time had come and turned my first salt creek salmon into nice slab baits and half hour or so later had my first salt creek gummie .by this stage a few of the boys decided too take a run a bit further up and collect some more of the drift wood that was all over the track for our fire instead of gettin a flat trye running over it later. they made it around 200 metres up the beach when my mates brother was into a mully ,off down the beach i ran with the gaff he popped it out of the gutter and i hit it first shot right in the sweet spot another legal mully in the bag. frustrated as i was by this stage we took his fish too camp i said ill just go put a fresh slab out and come back for your photos so i did that got a few pics for him and the next thing i knew my rod was buckled and it was my turn not long after i had my first salties mully of 84 cm sitting in my hands .so we fished on through the night with a total of 8 legal mullies landed since the friday all legal size and all wihtin our limits. so anyway we woke early for the last day of fishing took some pics of us and the fish and started packing up camp always while fishing.so anyway before we had camp packed up and ready too go home one of the obys who hadnt got a legal mully that weekend snuck 1 in right on the bell and i also got another gummie,lost 1 and my mate accidentally hit my leader trying too gaff the biggest gummie of the trip but thats fishing and thats my latest brag and prob wont be one for a while accept for my 2.5kg i landed last month on a 2-4kg rod and 10lb braid next to noarlunga jetty :P all in all though its one trip im sure ill never forget .MM

84cmmully.jpg

84cmsaltcreekmulloway.jpg

anthonymully.jpg

saltiescrewjune15-172012.jpg

trentsmully.jpg

jamesgummy.jpg

saltcreekgummy.jpg

scottsmully.jpg

cheers jagger its the first trip ive seen any decent fish caught down there besides jimbo's gummy last trip that he got second cast into the 3 days :laugh: .Hope the weather holds out for ya mr willy we got lucky inbetween the storms last weekend glad we didnt go on the long weekend either but theres definatley fish there just gotta put in some miles too find them .As for you mr krusty rooney and i ran into your barra slaying mate this arvo get him all excited and ill happily come along . ;) Not saying ill find anything like we did on the weekend but ive got alot more of an idea of what too look for down there now which sometimes helps if the fish are there that is :laugh: .Cant wait too get a 4wd drive for the family only thing is i probabley wont see the family very much after that :laugh::laugh: .MMp.s i was happy jut too break my drought at salt creek now how the hell am i going too top that .besides another 60lber :laugh:

• 4 months later...