Ardrossan fishing

Hey guys first of all I'd like to say great site yas have going keep it up!! Ive just moved to ardrossan for the next 12 months or so and am really keen to find some local fishing spots that I can hit up of a night after work. I've fished the jetty and the boat ramp for squid but am sick of catching bugger all. Is there any rocks or other fishing spots near by that I could fish. I'm looking mainly for whiting and squid but am willing to try for different things for a change if there is a well known spot for a different species! :) my boss has a boat but won't bother with ardrossan as everytime he's tried he's caught nothing lol. Is there any well known spots out at ardrossan other than the barge? Any help or tips guys would be much appreciated! Cheers joel

Trying head south out of Ard's. You will see a small dirt road just past the Silo's. This little place often holds Tommies, Mullet, Yellow Fin WHiting (when in season).The Jetty holds King George Whiting in the cooler months and Snook most of the year. Squid baits casting out to deeper water at the end of the jetty. Snook using unwieghted pillies or white bait.

Have a chat to Southie as he seems to have his finger on what is biting and where over there. Summer the place becomes a playground for different species with mullies' date=' snapper, blueys, yellow fin whiting all coming on board.[/quote']squid are usually about this time of year as with tommies and yellowfin whiting.... i havent been there or heard from me mates down there in a while.... will be comming around novemeber time hopefully with me boat i will be buying soon... but yeh better fishing in around oct-may :)