a warm welcome from the UK

Great site here you have stumbled across Paul and just by pure chance probabaly the largest contingent of ex-pats around that have set up a Freshwater fishing club here in Adelaide many moons ago. The club isgoing strong these days and some amazing fish being caught.If you ever find your way down here I think the club can accomodate interstate or oversees visitors for a small fee (would have to check with the membership officer but recall hearing something about it) keeping in mind FULL adult yearly membership is only $75 !!! SAFWAA has dams across the state with Native Australian Freshwater fish (all catch and release) and have many dams with trout, redfin and carp for those that want a feed.Even if you are only a internet fisherman...check out the freshwater pages for some stonking fish !!

Welcome yer pommy barsteward from another pommy convert (21 years now) :laugh::laugh::laugh: Jags is quite right about a temporary membership to SAFWAA's two dozen Dams?Visitors from abroad can take up a monthly permit for about 10 bucks I think?Drop me a PM, I'm one of SAFWAA's Fishery Officers and I'll try and help you catch some fish.Cheers, tonyb.

SAFWAA has dams across the state with Native Australian Freshwater fish (all catch and release) and have many dams with trout' date=' redfin and carp for those that want a feed.[/quote']Does SAFWAA have any fish holding dams within 100km drive from Whyalla?????, Any on Ep???? If so very intrested in the club, as freshwater fishing over here is basically non existant.Cheers,Brad

Welocome along Paul.I take it you have plans of coming to Sth Aus ?

like to travel around the world with my son enjoying the locations' date=' people, food and fishing.[/quote']Come to Adelaide, meet some S/Hookers, eat some Balfours "meat" pies or have a Pie Floater and get a few 10Kilo Reds ;) :woohoo:
SAFWAA has dams across the state with Native Australian Freshwater fish (all catch and release) and have many dams with trout' date=' redfin and carp for those that want a feed.[/quote']Does SAFWAA have any fish holding dams within 100km drive from Whyalla?????' date=' Any on Ep???? If so very intrested in the club, as freshwater fishing over here is basically non existant.Cheers,Brad[/quote']Brad I think from memory the most norhtern will be around the Lobethal area. Probabaly a bit far out from 100k sorry champ but if you spend a bit of time down this way then well worth the little $$$ it costs for top fishing