Best Fishing Show on Television?

I started an earlier thread:http://www.strikehook.com/forum/23-freshwater-fishing/219275-fishing-expedition-amazoniawhich got me thinking...What, in your opinion, is, or was, the best fishing show on television?There are a lot of contenders, some going back quite a few years - others more recent.Also, what do you look for in a fishing show? Something quiet, thoughtful and considered, or something fairly loud, chockers with adrenalin and "full-on"?Interested to hear your views...Cheersaf

I can't go past Malcom Douglas.. his last trips up north kimberleys in search of the big barra were bloody brilliant! rest in peace champ B) Only other decent tv fishing was when Rexie was doin his thing :woohoo: Rex Hunt can fish!!

A man after my own heart.Rex Hunts fishing adventures was TV par excellence. And yes Rexie is a champion angler, holding many state and national titles.

Also even though the aren't TV Shows.I think that 'The Fishing DVD and Sport Fish DVD are some excellent productions aswell!They have some gun anglers that I love watching.Starlo, Jason Whihelm, Shannon Watson, Bill Classon. The list goes on! Killer!TT

I'm with Jack...My two all time flavourites would be ..1. Malcolm Douglas ...tell it like it is .. no dressing things up ..."Straight on the Coals"and 2 . Rex Hunt ... just an all round Aussie Legend ... Fishing and Footy cant go past Rexy.I dont mind iFish but its all acted out a bit much and I hate dramatisation and fake laughs.But then again I dont think there is a fishing show that I wouldn't watch ....Hell I even think "outa the blue" is alright :P

Any episode of Ifish featuring Cristy Worsteling ;)
Was watching one the other day and she was the main feature doing the big segment' date=' easy on the eye thats for sure.As for shows....if its about fishing its all good imo. B)B)[/quote']Agreed but don't go much on here when she talks, squeals or laughs

you are a boring old lot-- howz about the best fisherman on the earth Alf Stewart home and awayz local guru his 12ft surf rod and alvey combo slaying FLAMIN MONGREL fish with reckless abandon he even has even run charters and his own tackle shop bloody legend Alfie.and the other top fishn show kingswood country :blink::blink: Ted Bullpit dunno if he ever held a rod but by christ he shoulda cheers 4THA

and the other top fishn show kingswood country :blink::blink: Ted Bullpit dunno if he ever held a rod but by christ he shoulda cheers 4THA

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: gotta shift the Pfleuger to get to the Egi rod thats in the way of the Plano boxso that I can get to the Ugly stiks to put into the back of the Kingswood.Bloody Woman

A river some where - great show, not only about the fishing but the adventure of getting there. when i was a teenager i didnt understand or have time for it. as it was a birthday present for my 21st and had nothing else to do on my annual leave when it was too hot to go in sun, i thought i would give it ago, i watched it 2-3 times. love it now (im nearly 30).

I like all fishing related shows, love em. One that was short lived but SA based and hasn't come up yet was Hooked on .... whatever it was by Steve Szasz. Local SA content was good!. used to love Peter Nicholls segment on the channel 10 news as well. But currently I get a laugh from Robson, Like the hook line and sinker blokes and watch IFISH if the missus allows it, albeit not at full noise.ALL good imho!

I came across A Passion for Angling a little while back, great series! It was good to see a fishing show that wasn't all slap in ya face action with all the latest bells n whistles and hey look at my sponsored 4wd and bling rods n reels but two English gentlemen going out for a quiet fish with their old gear the traditional way.Good stuff :fishing:

Shouldnt be negative about things ,but saw a show on 44 Adelaide tonight called All 4 Adventure.That show seriously is hosted by the biggest pair of TWAT STICKS I"ve ever seen period!Would have to take the mother of all gold logies for A..worst show..B..biggest posers...C Lowest intelligence level combined of any human to get in front of a camera.Diabolical it was :vomit: :vomit: :laugh:

• 2 weeks later...