Boat Ramp GPS Coordinates

Just a tip (and I hope this doesn't sound like I'm telling you how to suck eggs) but instead of marking the ramp co-ords, head out a coupla hundred metres and mark that spot as the ramp. This way, if ever you're called to come back in the dark you hit your mark well before land, but still close enough to be able to see the ramp well. This will save you ever hitting a marina rockwall or any other structure whilst coming back in the dark at full tilt. Once you hit your mark you'll power off, and ya should be close enough to clearly see the entrance to the marina/harbour/ramp/etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a tip (and I hope this doesn't sound like I'm telling you how to suck eggs) but instead of marking the ramp co-ords, head out a coupla hundred metres and mark that spot as the ramp. This way, if ever you're called to come back in the dark you hit your mark well before land, but still close enough to be able to see the ramp well. This will save you ever hitting a marina rockwall or any other structure whilst coming back in the dark at full tilt. Once you hit your mark you'll power off, and ya should be close enough to clearly see the entrance to the marina/harbour/ramp/etc.

"head out a coupla hundred metres and mark that spot as the ramp." Now that sounds the thing to do."This will save you ever hitting a marina rockwall or any other structure whilst coming back in the dark at full tilt. Once you hit your mark you'll power off,"Full tilt in the dark to a mark within a few hundred metres of hard stuff? Not sure but that doesn't sound like the thing to do?