what happened to the 'windmill'

A Mark V Tatler reel' date=' a Cape Jervis rod, 50lb Amilan line and an 8oz snapper lead.....put them all together and you could really 'windmill' a bait out.[/quote']I remember the "Rattler". My mate caught some decent sharks and rays off the metro jetties on his,before the spool exploded one night. :laugh:
A Mark V Tatler reel' date=' a Cape Jervis rod' date=' 50lb Amilan line and an 8oz snapper lead.....put them all together and you could really 'windmill' a bait out.[/quote'']I remember those... :clap: favourite outfit from the 70's .....Black Glass with metal guides, and a roller tip if you were "special"
Yeah, try and find a Cape Jervis rod these days. I'd say that there are lot of decent tomato stakes still being used!
i was reminiscing bout my sharking days.....is the 'windmill' extinct?i wont tell you what it is' date=' the old schoolers will know...[/quote']lol yep - It was the only way to get my 6/0 special senator and cape jervis 50lb roller tip out there with a sinker on it! lol did it with the 9/0 senator a few times as well....ahh the memories! lol....sinkers flying off and people running for cover - I think by the end of learning to cast them it turned into a "swing and flick" - still got good distance...funniest home videos would have got some great footage if videos were invented lol.....