Making worms last

A client whilst doing tax yesterday mentioned when he harvested some tubies, he would put them in metho for 10 minutes, then pat them dry and store them in a freezer with sea salt.I was considering getting some seaweed worms whilst at the Yorke Peninsula this weekend and wondered if anyone new if the same technique would apply to these worms also? As I want to store some for the up coming YFW season.As for tubies. If I was too look for them at Port Gawler or at the Power station, how would I identify them as I have never tried to get my own before?Thanks for any tips, BTW the site looks good, nice to be here.

It works for bloodworms, so I cant see why it wouldnt work on any worms.I only put the bloodworms in for about a minute or so though.As a word of warning, make sure you give the worms a little time to dry after patting them down, coz if you dont you'll notice a strong smell of metho in ya freezer, and I dont think it'd be real cool having ya freezer blow up when the thermostat kicks in and creates a spark.

It works for bloodworms, so I cant see why it wouldnt work on any worms.I only put the bloodworms in for about a minute or so though.As a word of warning, make sure you give the worms a little time to dry after patting them down, coz if you dont you'll notice a strong smell of metho in ya freezer, and I dont think it'd be real cool having ya freezer blow up when the thermostat kicks in and creates a spark.

I have a designated freezer for my fishing stuff, but you are right I still don't want it going bust on me.I already had the father in law unplug it for me once, making all my fishing burley go quite smelly :)

One of our customers , who by the way has fishied all his life and still fishes in his 70's told me his secret De tube the worms ptu in a container and thoroughly cover with salt , place in the fridge overnight the next day drain and spread worms out to dry off then pack into tubs and freeze , he reckons this method is better than metho as you don't get that chemical stink.