yea cool, i will certainly give it a try next time i go out, i had heard that squid were canibalistic (? not sure if that is how u spell it :dry: ) but hadnt thought to berley for them before.i bought a rod from ray and annes this morning that my uncle is bringing back to whyalla today, i should have bought one of those squid jags to try as well, i forgot about it. i will see if my local can order it in, otherwise just buy it online.U4L...that is interesting that you sell alot, i might have to give them a bit more of a chance, i have a two toned browny yellowy sort of colour yozuri that i have tried a few times with no success, might get me a black and give it a flick :)B)

My favouite Squid jig is the one that's working on the day :laugh: & I've had success on all manner of jigs over the years, colours from transparent to dark (deep!!) purple and all sizes, even brought some really tiny things with one set of pins in Palau a few years ago & they work on their day.On the boat I tend to have a Tommy on a Squid Witch on the handline & cast & retrieve a jig. Leave the jig rod in a holder when eating lunch, the bouncing up & down often brings in a few more & interrupts my feeding time.

From my experience, which is far, far less than many of you fine ladies and gentlemen, I have found no matter the size, it is invariably a green colour that gets the tentcales in a tangle. I don't know why (as someone mentioned, I was lead to believe that they were colourblind).A good example of this was a couple of weeks ago at Ardrossan. Boyfriend and I were using multicolour/white jigs and getting diddly. A guy about 3 metres away had a green jig and was getting squiddly. (I might add the reason I had no greens on me was due to the fact that earlier in the day some delightful person at Wallaroo decided to abscond with my tackle box. Not. A. Happy. Woman).

yea, when i was at wool bay once there was this old fella using a small blue jag on a handline and he wasnt just casting and retrieving but chucking it out every now and again. dont know exactly was he was doing but he comprehensivly outfished me with my pink jag. it is an odd thing the way they take different jags, i would love to know whats going on in there head when they refuse one but smash another, especially ones that have colours that are like nothing they would normally be hunting

Here's a colour chart based on water clarity and feeding activity, notice pink is smack in the middle (good all rounder).Posted ImageI've heard the squid like the dark colours and black because they cast a good silhouette, so its more about seeing the outline of the jag more than the jag itself in some cases.I almost exclusively use the cheapie pink jags :) and a couple of yo zuris in orange/green, and pink/black.

I've heard the squid like the dark colours and black because they cast a good silhouette, so its more about seeing the outline of the jag more than the jag itself in some cases.i find that having a few eratic sharp tugs on the line also helps with this visualisation as it gets there attention if you watch the guys who live "Egi" fishing they work there rods like mador watch the swine at work :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Forgot to add the Gan Craft Jigs.In my personal opinion these are the 'BEST' Jigs on the Market.Made by the dudes over at Gladiator Tackle and are bulit on that Japanese Quality.Finishes are Killer, Great Action and a Great Colour Range!They are so good only problem is they are a tad hefty on the Wallet $$$! :dry: Cheers TThttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bR_EH8KwINk

jeez i dont know if i could be bothered working my jag that hard, i normally just let it sink a bit then wind slowly with a few twitches here and there and i catch my fair share.is he serious about targeting doggies with the live squid? what on earth for, it cant be for the fight, seaweed pulls harder than them. ive always been told they are terrible eating as well, is that not the case?