only one i disagree with is the 400 limit on cockles in your freezer at a time, i have around 600 in my freezer at tha moment from earlier in the year when i had my brother,wife and kids with me to make the trip worth are while even then we only grabbed 800 from a possible 1500 (5x300) it wouldn't kill us not being able to keep more than 400, but Goolwa wouldn't be get'n atleast $100 of my hard earned from spending the day down there after buying lunches drinks etc.as for how they are going to police it who knows, seems the general consensus on this forum is most only take what they need and alot are being converted to catch and release especially with snapper i seen Gail Gago on telly last night sproutin her sideways jaw off about how they'd police it she reckons dobbing in other fishers would help :laugh::laugh: cheers 4THA

only one i disagree with is the 400 limit on cockles in your freezer at a time' date=' i have around 600 in my freezer at tha moment from earlier in the year[/quote']You're alright 4tha, pretty sure you're well east of Cape Catastrophe, Pt Lincoln National Park ;)
Pipi (Goolwa cockle) - restricted to four times the recreational bag limit (400 for pipi located west of longitude 136E, 1200 pipi in other areas).
only one i disagree with is the 400 limit on cockles in your freezer at a time' date=' i have around 600 in my freezer at tha moment from earlier in the year[/quote']You're alright 4tha' date=' pretty sure you're well east of Cape Catastrophe, Pt Lincoln National Park ;)
Pipi (Goolwa cockle) - restricted to four times the recreational bag limit (400 for pipi located west of longitude 136E, 1200 pipi in other areas).
bit of cape catastrophe on my reading there :blink::blink: as you were gentleman

Well looks like im gonna have to buy my wife a freezer and my kids one each too...and all live in seperate houses if I want to do our normal YEARLY trip.I do a whiting trip every year to Davenport / Ceduna for 10 days OK we bag out every day We fillet our days catch and date every bag before freezing Fisheries guys have inspected our catches on two occasions all good with them ... Do the right thing and they do right by you.The only thing I have ever been chatted about and rightly so I was scaling all our catch and another boats as they went back to camp to prepare lunch ...I had two boat limits on board :blush: I invited fisheries into our camp (which was 50m away and in clear view) to inspect everything we had caught for the past 4 days .... and all was good.I admit in that particular Week we take our full limit But...that lasts our families about8 Months with a feed per week ...Looks like Ceduna will now miss out on my Tourist Dollars cos I may as well just buy a feed very weekand let the supermarkets Freeze it for me Bloody Gale Gaga I wonder if she has had the Pivelege of catching a fish ...preparing it forHer family and seen the enjoyment and gratitude on thier faces for doing so.Another Blow for the reccy

"another blow for the reccy" maybe Chief BUTmore like another 200,000 votes to move the Labour dictators to the opposition benches.It won't be too hard on a lot of fishers and probably won't effect my family but they can only p155 people off so many times before they are gone and for a very long time.

Heard on the radio this arvo that there has been a urgent meeting with the police minister and minister for fisheries in regards to setting up a special freezer and task force unit ,the word is they will be armed with flash lights ,puffy parkers ,beanies,calculators and a sack truck to impound your freezer ,WAIT FOR THE KNOCK ON THE DOOR !crispy :laugh:

The only problem I see with the possession limit is that, as usuall any change be it size limit, bag limit & now possession limit it only affects the people who do the right thing/obey the rules anyway. the people that catch as many as they like of what ever size they want & keep the lot will continue to do this so will not be affected because the rules are not policed enoughAs has been said many times before, we need more fisheries officers & they need to be out there when the people are out thereYorky

YorkyIt will be an easy answer with policing Possession Limits - one enforcement unit just South of either Pt Augusta or Pt Wakefield. Pull over all the Southbound boaties with interstate plates, if there are no interstaters any South Oz boat will do.Too easy, they are natural choke points, just sit there and wait.WahooThe other clarification I am waiting on is the fine print of 72 KGW vs 7 kg - not clear from the press release, but is the intent "not more than 144 fillets providing the total is no more than 7kg in weight"?Or is it "72 whole fish or no more than 7kg of fillets"?72 large KGW could bust the 7kg limit. Would love to know the rationale behind 7kg as opposed to, say, 10kg...STOP PRESSFAQs are up on the PIRSA site - and my questions above re "quantity vs weight" still stand...http://www.pir.sa.gov.au/fisheries/recreational_fishing/possession_limits

7kg or 72 fillets is certainly a huge grey area. 2 fillets = 1 fish (obviously unless your filleter isn't skilled! :laugh::laugh: ) and depending on size could be as little as 40 fillets or less of KGW. If the fish are large, 4 fillets could easily equal a kilogram making the total take around 28 fillets. Doubt anyone will be willing to travel to places like the Eyre Peninsula or even Yorkes for a 2 week trip if all you can take is 28 fillets.Once the government start talking Snapper, Weight limits or Quantity of fillets will be a much bigger issue. Weight v's Quantity is always going to cause problems. Should be Quantity only.

if you did it on quantity then it may cause dramas if your catch is frozen, that would be very hard to count. i think you will find that it ends up being on weight.as for stationing fisheries at the choke points, did you know that from pt pirie right round to Arno bay there are only 2 fisheries officers and they are based in Whyalla.i think that overall possession limits are a good thing but it is going to be very hard to police. if the government really want to help fish stocks and protect our great fishing for the future the first thing they need to do is provide more funding for more fisheries officers and stamp out the minority of people who do the wrong thing.

if the government really want to help fish stocks and protect our great fishing for the future the first thing they need to do is provide more funding for more fisheries officers and stamp out the minority of people who do the wrong thing.

One could make a case for green groups to fund extra fisheries officers... :whistle: ;)Posted ImageLook at the lovely girl....**runs away screaming and laughing** :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Just Me Jokes aside, animal libber mobs the likes of PETA have no qualms about using such tactics to further their cause.Lots of useful idiots around who don`t mind a bit of publicity and/or money.Mods - for the record, before anyone opens the link, I`ll give this one an [M] rating!https://secure.peta.org/site/Advocacy?cmd=display&page=UserAction&id=2503

Just Me Jokes aside' date=' animal libber mobs the likes of PETA have no qualms about using such tactics to further their cause.Lots of useful idiots around who don`t mind a bit of publicity and/or money.[i']Mods - for the record, before anyone opens the link, I`ll give this one an [M] rating![/i]https://secure.peta.org/site/Advocacy?cmd=display&page=UserAction&id=2503

If she had any fur on her i'd gladly lick it off...I was being facetious...kinda ;)

í lost my train of thought on this issue a smidge but i wonder whether if it was presented in the right way the greens would consider campaigning for more fisheries officers?probably wouldnt work though, for that one good thing they would want to bring in a million bad things for us reccies so scratch that, i hadnt thought it through, my mind was elsewhere.i gotta get me a missus

I'll volunteer to tuck that tag into her yellow bikini :evil: When I get a chance will weigh a few fillets I have to get an idea re 7kg = ?fillets particularly with average of 40cm ones I catch.Personally I'm all for the poss limits but think they appear to be a little on the low side and would be happier with 100-120 KGW. Maybe needed to consider a slightly higher limit for fishing on Eyre pen. Razorfish limit is needed and around the mark for my money.I think all the talk about interstaters is a bit over the top, I know it does happen but not as much as its made out to be. SOME SA fishermen are just as bad. TAC on commercials needs to follow soon or all for no gain anyway....

72 whiting = 144 fillets7kg/144 = about 50 grams per filletI am presuming someone did the sums, wondering what their rationale for 7kg was, hmmm... :whistle: Nothing to do with a subtle backdoor limit on a limit by any chance? Reckon a lot of fishers will start thinking about scaling, gutting and then whole-freezing their whiting?