Anyone know where to get Sea Urchin Roe in Adelaide?

As per the subject above, does anyone know where to source sea urchin roe in Adelaide? Seafoods Tasmania process a s**load of it (under the "Bay of Fires" brand uni), but I suspect it's all for export markets, as I can't even find much info. on the product online. I heard the Fish Factory at Athol Park has it "occasionally", but any other suggestions are welcome.(I tasted some last year for the first time and loved it - then I briefly saw the roe mentioned on MasterChef All-stars tonight and it re-kindled my interest.)Cheersaf

we used to get e'm around coffin bay along the ledge, best time to collect them is when the red bottle brush tree is in full flower so the row is at its thickest, well thats what was taught to me by my ol' man.. lovely stuff, i like it on bread and butter, yummo :clap:got to be quick at the ones on grand junction rd :woohoo: :ohmy: :laugh: you'll be the star of your family if you eat a shit load of e'm :sick: :laugh::P

Haha Savagelip. Dad and I were collecting some other bay desirables whenwe were there inSummer and the evil :evil: little things were sticking my feet left right and centre. So painful.Didnt know Aussies actually ate them. Thought they were for the asians to eat.Well, Iknow for next time now.

Haha Savagelip. Dad and I were collecting some other bay desirables whenwe were there inSummer and the evil :evil: little things were sticking my feet left right and centre. So painful.Didnt know Aussies actually ate them. Thought they were for the asians to eat.Well' date=' Iknow for next time now.[/quote']trod on 1 myself long ago, had an infected toe went kind of green and pussy ended up working its way to the skin but yeah very painful.. i'm from Aotearoa :whistle: maoris will eat anything that Tangaroa serves up :lol:
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Guys, I read this post and thought i'd let you know from the urchins mouth so to speak.I run Sea urchins Australia, we do deliver to Adelaide, in fact we ship ther eevery second week. I have a guy there who orders bulk and could possibly order stock in for you if you are interested. If you can jump on my website www.sea-urchins.com.au I can the place you in contact with him so as you can get in on the next order. You will have to prob pick up from him but that should be fine.By the way we deliver all over Australia, we can supply minimum orders of 10 punnets and ship them to your local airport for pickup or organise a courier to deliver to your door.Hope this helps.DaveSea Urchins Australia0409119505

Hi Guys' date=' I read this post and thought i'd let you know from the urchins mouth so to speak.I run Sea urchins Australia, we do deliver to Adelaide, in fact we ship ther eevery second week. I have a guy there who orders bulk and could possibly order stock in for you if you are interested. If you can jump on my website www.sea-urchins.com.au I can the place you in contact with him so as you can get in on the next order. You will have to prob pick up from him but that should be fine.By the way we deliver all over Australia, we can supply minimum orders of 10 punnets and ship them to your local airport for pickup or organise a courier to deliver to your door.Hope this helps.DaveSea Urchins Australia0409119505

Awesome, are these imported from n.z?
  • 1 year later...