SA Carp Fishing Comp

Rate this topic

Ok so i have taken the plunge and am going to start a Carp competition . Not sure how this will pan out but i will try my best to make this work . This will be a trial run to get most of the bugs out from organising a comp with a future comp over summer in mind . It will start tomorrow fri 3rd August till mon 22nd oct . Hope fully there will be some prizes involved even if they come out of my own pocket , for 1st 2nd an 3rd but i think i will have to do two categories . Length and weight . Most people have a brag mat or a tape measure , but if you have digital scales you could use them . I reckon a photo of the fish with tape measure or scales and a sign with Strike and hook and your username on it so , we can identify who's catch and size it is , will be ok for now but hope to get a page up for download in future . There will be some rules involved and they are on the group site for anyone who enters the comp . They should also go to this group to show their interest , opinions and suggestions . That is if we dont just do it on this page ? Hope this works and we all have a bit of fun ?

if your interested in having a crack join the group . Ultimately you will need a photo of the fish with a measurement in cm or kg's and strikehook and username on the SAME photo . you dont have to be in the photo but if you like to be and can get all the info as well then you can . Please dont drop them of at my house thank TBR . Cheeky bugger . Winner will be the most accumulated in lenght and another for weight . Not both tho ?

this time i will add photos IMG_3234Medium.JPGthis one going solid 26cmIMG_3237Medium.JPGand this one 22cm for a total of 48cm You could also write on your hand or as i did for another comp i wrote it on my mobile phone coz i forgot my pen . Getting it in focus can be a pain so try and take a few photos so you can select the best for entry ? Hope this helps .

Why not gold fish . They are a Carp as well i believe . Was thinking of the person with the highest length overall (like AFF mentioned , keep it easier) at the end of the Comp . If you head out 2 3 or even 4 or more times in between the comp dates you can add the length of all fish together to get a TOTAL length for each competitor . The person with the highest lenght wins ?

Why not gold fish . They are a Carp as well i believe . Was thinking of the person with the highest length overall (like AFF mentioned ' date=' keep it easier) at the end of the Comp . If you head out 2 3 or even 4 or more times in between the comp dates you can add the length of all fish together to get a TOTAL length for each competitor . The person with the highest lenght wins ?[/quote']Agree mate, can my lad join the comp?
Ok so i have taken the plunge and am going to start a Carp competition . Not sure how this will pan out but i will try my best to make this work . This will be a trial run to get most of the bugs out from organising a comp with a future comp over summer in mind . It will start tomorrow fri 3rd August till mon 22nd oct . Hope fully there will be some prizes involved even if they come out of my own pocket ' date=' for 1st 2nd an 3rd but i think i will have to do two categories . Length and weight . Most people have a brag mat or a tape measure , but if you have digital scales you could use them . I reckon a photo of the fish with tape measure or scales and a sign with Strike and hook and your username on it so , we can identify who's catch and size it is , will be ok for now but hope to get a page up for download in future . There will be some rules involved and they are on the group site for anyone who enters the comp . They should also go to this group to show their interest , opinions and suggestions . That is if we dont just do it on this page ? Hope this works and we all have a bit of fun ?[/quote']For the AAA, to enter fish for comps we need to get Length and Girth, with the Weight. obviously this Carp comp is social so take what i have to say in which ever way you want. the 3 combined give you a fair indication of the Legitimacy of the size. All the best with the comp.
  • 2 months later...

Well my apologies for not getting to this sooner but we do have a winner for the first Carp comp and it goes to D1_taxi with a 44cm Carp taking out first , second and third place considering it was the ONLY fish submitted ? Well don D1 . Will get out a couple of lures (sx40's) for your troubles and taking the clean sweep . Should i do another comp ?Is it worth while ?

Well my apologies for not getting to this sooner but we do have a winner for the first Carp comp and it goes to D1_taxi with a 44cm Carp taking out first ' date=' second and third place considering it was the ONLY fish submitted ? Well don D1 . Will get out a couple of lures (sx40's) for your troubles and taking the clean sweep . Should i do another comp ?Is it worth while ?[/quote']Got to admit JJ. had so much other stuff happening this comp slipped right by me :S Sorry :blush:
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.