Almost to hard to wet a line

dont know about you guys but with all this talk of changing the rules eg hook size, where you can and cant fish, not using wire trace in daylight and the snapper ban. its almost to hard to go fishing. should it really be this damb complicated to wet a line!!!!! i feel like i have to research every little thing before i go out in our metro waters so i dont get fined or somthing. can it really get much harder? just want to know everones thoughts. cheers. :huh:

Things haven't changed one bit for me.Same old spots, same old hooks, same old fish!I know for some they are now restricted in how they go about things but it's less complicated for those that have a boat. A few have lost or going to lose the odd spot, some have to down size hooks. At the end of the day does it stop them fishing? No.The world is always an evolving beast and we can either choose to evolve with it or be left behind.My best advice is stick to the basics and don't think too much about what you want to catch. Do you really have to reinvent the wheel to do it?

Anyone who feels fishing regulations are too complicated in SA is kidding themselves. Just have a squiz at the freshwater regs for California, where I am now. Different rules around hatchery/wild fish (angler to identify the clipped fin in hatchery fish), changing regs above/below certain forks in rivers, particular methods only allowed on certain waters... http://www.dfg.ca.gov/regulations/FreshFish-Mar2012/ccr-t14-ch3-art3.html Sorry Damien, but I'm not real convinced it is too hard to go fishing in South Australia! :silly: While the regulations I pointed out above seem borderline crazy, I've been convinved they're very much needed to maintain the fisheries in a state thats population far outnumbers all of Australia's :blink:

dont know about you guys but with all this talk of changing the rules eg hook size' date=' where you can and cant fish, not using wire trace in daylight and the snapper ban. its almost to hard to go fishing. should it really be this damb complicated to wet a line!!!!! i feel like i have to research every little thing before i go out in our metro waters so i dont get fined or somthing. can it really get much harder? just want to know everones thoughts. cheers. :huh:[/quote']Actually you are right in that statement.When i was using my boat while at anchor i’d have water police pull up and ask me about my safety gear, then on another trip i’d have marine and harbours do the same thing.I would return to the ramp where fisheries are waiting to search the boat for possible hidden fish.While i’m fishing i need to carry a size,bag and boat limit brochure to check so i don’t get fined.Not only am i responsible for other people on the boat plus the upkeep keeping it reliable plus all the costs in owning a boat.With 95% coming home with no fish to show for the effort.Next spring i’m selling the boat and going to get a chair and plonk it on a beach and throw a line in and get back to basic fishing where it’s enjoyable and only worry about being legal size and limit.

i understand that rules and regulations need to be in place. but seriously not being able to use certain types of hooks and wire traces during the day. i dont see what the problem is. sharks arnt being lured to the shores by fisherman. they have always been the its their domain and they will go where the food is. it dosnt really affect me at all because i own a boat and dont fish for sharks. just some of the things iv been hearing latley are a joke. fishing shouldnt be that hard in my opinion.

i understand that rules and regulations need to be in place. but seriously not being able to use certain types of hooks and wire traces during the day. i dont see what the problem is. sharks arnt being lured to the shores by fisherman. they have always been the its their domain and they will go where the food is. it dosnt really affect me at all because i own a boat and dont fish for sharks. just some of the things iv been hearing latley are a joke. fishing shouldnt be that hard in my opinion.

The alternative, of no regulation at all, is impossible to comprehend Damien :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

I agree with you damien, ive fished less than 100 hrs in 2 years i would say as a landbased fisherperson, most of my fishing is or was done during daylight hrs as i work night shift. Between finding the time , motivation, the regulations along the metro coastline hook sizes has put me off , but the urge is building and in a few weeks i will hope to put a few hrs in of some metro jettys n beaches, to test the regulations and annoy the natives.

sharks arnt being lured to the shores by fisherman. they have always been the its their domain and they will go where the food is.

Try telling that to Joe Public and the politico's in charge of this town. :dry: "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardlyanyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan.

For me not being on any fishing forums for a few years and visiting the same one’s from back then there is one very noticeable thing.Less people on them now.Must go to show how many must have pulled out and lost interest in fishing.More rules and regulations and less fish,i guess the writing is on the wall.

A lot is going to depend what area you launch from as not everyone can always travel to a good spot 250kls away and then there is no guarantee. I have worked the Christies area for many years because that’s where the ramp is and i had come in with nothing.I have spent time sitting at the ramp and asking the guys coming in only to be told nothing today mate.I believe talking to the locals guys more can be caught land based because that’s where the fish hang out,not out there with no structures out in the open sea.Yeah sure fish can be caught depending what you are targeting.

Where is a good land based spot in the Port Adelaide area? I've recently just got into fishing, but can't seem to find a good spot. :boot: sums up my efforts quite well. Fished for hours on the observation deck at outer harbor the other day, few bites, no fish and pulled in 1 rather large Spider crab. Don't know if it's the weather or wrong time? Can't take the little one out on the rocks either... grrrr. Day off today, was gonna go wet a line, but sadly it is raining and crap weather. Yesterday was awesome weather! What happended to that?! Just my luck!!! lol :P