nice marked brown

I had a great session,with some great club members today,considering the unpleasant conditions,i wasn't expecting much.first thing today as i was getting ready i had left one of my 5wt rods in its bag and placed it on the ground,only to be told by my fishin buddie that he had just stepped on it,(damn), after a quick check,sure enough it was broken just above the ferrule join,this happens to be the 2nd fly rod of mine that has been broken,so i have to recarbon it to make it still usable.I honestly thought my day was going to be a fishless one as i was freezin my b@##s off.i tied on one of my own flies,which i stole the idea off my fishing buddy,which he calls the (mc enroe) as it uses tennis ball fluff for the chartruese body,but i add a olive and black marabou tail for a bit of difference.As i persisted to blindly flog this fly in the mid depths of the water i saw a nice fish rise for it as i was just about to recast,quickly i cast near the spot and within seconds had the line tighten and i saw the fish turn on its side,A clean take,nice brown landed and released,at 42cm ,now a PB for me to beat on fly.dDDASKJFH.JPG

Nice fish ,very nice ....just an observation , with the backround fogged out, is there even a code of secrecy amongst club members, as in guys dont want others in the same club knowing where they caught fish.Its not as if the non club members on a fishing website would recognize the backround of a private dam.Not stirring a pot, as i said nice fish but find that a bit surprising,although have seen it a couple of times before on here.Cheers B)

the guys that go on the club forum will know where it is,thats all that counts,me thinks?to be honest i tried to save my own a##, by not showing background,rather than here complaints from others that its giving away a spot etc.i dunno all to there own?but it was a pretty bad day that could be the real background :silly: