Barker inlet wetlands

For a long time I asked myself the same question, and then just kind of forgot about it. I wonder if it's all fresh or is there some brackish water in there too? Lately I've seen some people fishing in there and my feeling is they are fishing for carp. I think it is mainly just loads of storm water run off and imagine perfect for the carp. I have never seen the signs closely but have been.told.fishing is a no no.Looking at tye area as I head up the south rd extension/ port expressway, it looks wonderful and imagine how.good it might be if stocked with.trout :ohmy: it would be a fly fisherman's paradise. Even.if we were allowed in to fish out the carp, it would be some good flyfishing/lure/baitfishing country.By the way, I used to know a dude who would ride his trailbike down through.that rough area to.get to a good mully spot... It was illegal to ride your bike through, but legal to fish... Only now the route is cut off :( for him.Look forward to anyone with more info

As my daughter is driving me to work most days it gives me a chance to have a good look at this area as we drive past. I've seen people fishing near the Watershed cafe, and in the waterways just before the South Rd turn off heading towards the Port. I think there are no fishing signs in some areas but haven't done a proper search. I have seen the bow wave of decent sized fish on the surface and a large fish getting airborne, all in the short time we're driving past, so there must be a few in there. :f :f :f

Yeah it is on both sides of salisbury highway just after south road, get on google earth if you are still having trouble finding it.. I thought that it would be a no fishing zone for the obvious reasons... Bit disappointing, i thought there might even be a few redfin lurking around care free getting nice and FAT waiting to be tempted by my lure :pinch: I guess it is just another 1 of those things we (In SA) will never fully understand. Something needs to be done about our freshwater fishing!!MM

Im Pretty Sure there is no fishing allowed on the port adelaide side of the barker inlet wetlands it is all stormwater runoff from the massive drainage channels that run through kilburn, regency, dry creek etc etc, Pretty skanky when your up to your neck in it and the silt is about 3 foot deep. Plenty of carp in there but there is in any bit of water around that way! if you want to fish that area why not go to the drainage channel that runs along south road ive kicked up to 60cm carp in there and the water is waist to ankle deep. Big carp everywhere you dont have to fish illegal spots to get them! Even though i love fishing the barker wetlands was and still does get trashed by carp fishos not disposing of rubbish or carcasses