Guest horses4courses

well,being old(er) and married :pinch: not as often as I'd like :angry: .........with 2 teen age kids,and SWMBO with no interest in "nocturnal activities" as often as she used to (or I'd like).........i've been out 4 times this year :ohmy: .......there's a message there for you young guy's............DON'T DO IT !!!!!!!!!!!!

2-3 times a week... in the daylight savings times id fish up to 4-5 days a week... but will be harder now that im playing cricket again.... but i got it planned out... hook the boat up friday night, launch early sat morning, fish till just before lunch.. then head to my cricket game with the boat on the back.Might have to have the thing locked up pretty well if im playing out Munno para/Modbury way :ohmy:

Sadly, I've turned into an armchair fisherman! I was one who would get out at least once per week, regularly both days of the weekend, and sometimes I'd even slip another week day in as well.Fishing took over my life, I invested all my money into the boat (the most recent of 3), I kitted it out to also fish tournaments, then I also became involved in the tournament organisation here in SA.I went on to also purchase a kayak, I had all the best of fishing tackle, and I spent all my remaining free time as a forum whore, or helping out with this website.I could accurately tell you what was on the bite where, new tackle on the market, changes in boat technology, what tacklestores offered the best products or the best prices, and what the weather was gonna do in the upcoming week.I got involved in the political side of fishing, I was making phone calls, writing letters, speaking with politicians and collecting reams of laws, legislations, reports, concerns and possible changes.Every time any one of you here ever had an arguement, a sh*tfight, a complaint or a whinge over the past few years, I was somehow involved, whether you saw it and had to deal with me, or whether it was involvement in behind the scenes discussions, phone calls and decision making as a team on how best to deal with the situation....naturally, making these decisions doesn't earn you many friendship, coz with every single decision, at least one participant is gonna be p*ssed about the outcome, and guess who they always take it out on....rarely does anyone ever stand up and say, yep, I was out of line and/or I overstepped the mark. I've been faced with so much abuse, hatred and profanity I've lost track, threats of violence and/or property damage, legal action, retaliation and reprisals....yet I shrug it all off, cop it on the chin, remain impartial, be seen as consistent, and treat everyone equally! Oh the fun of recreation!I was the one at every boat show. I was out in the middle of winter collecting bloodworms. I was down at goolwa digging cockles. I attended every fishing event or gathering. I was organising social events. I was rallying others to get events happening and organise trips. I was going away on expensive fishing trips, or I was planning my next adventure away.I've been accused of lying about my captures, giving away too much information to others, ruining spots for others, not knowing what I'm talking about, using the wrong tackle, and a whole lot more which I've forgotten.I've been burnt to a crisp, I've been seasick, I've been wet to the core and I recon close to hypothermia, I've been digging bait in the surf so cold I can no longer feel my hands, I've literally lashed myself to the gunnels with rope in big seas, just so that we can continue to stand and fish, I've been out in weather that sees most others staying at home, I've pushed my little boat to it's limits, and I've pushed myself to exhaustion, only returning to land to refuel, grab a quick feed, and get out again to catch the next tide.......sometimes just for a fish which I intend to re-release when caught.I've cut myself, hooked myself, broken my hand and suffered countless little injuries and annoyances, along with broken equipment, damages and failed tackle.I simply lived and breathed fishing with it encompassing my life!Things have changed for me though!I got quite disheartenened by the political side of things, rising costs were seeing the boat sitting in the shed more and more often, and I was also getting fed up with witnessing shitfights between fishermen, and also having to be the one who always intervenes as is my job here.Life has now changed for me!I had a car accident which buggered my back, and I also took on other interests.I'm now a member of an early model Holden club, I own a coupla restored cars, I bought a new caravan, I'm a member of a rock & roll club, I joined the gun club and have gotten pretty serious about a coupla different shooting disciplines, and I've also renewed a past interest in archery/bowhunting........with also running a small business, and monitoring this website, I've got a pretty full plate these days, but I'm also now spending more time with my wife, which I was neglecting due to fishing taking priority.I find the boat is now just sitting in the shed collecting cobwebs, I've got a lot of expensive tackle sitting unused, I haven't even had the kayak out for longer than I care to remember.The boat is going into the mechanic for a spruce up this spring, and then it's going onto the market. I'm gonna thin out a LOT of my fishing tackle and only keep a few good outfits to use from the kayak on occasion. I no longer take any interest in the politics of fishing, I gave up tournament fishing, and truth be known, as fishermen are such a fickle bunch always waiting to point the finger, I've also been considering relinquishing my position here, to someone younger and with more active interest in the sport, rather than having to face accusations from disgruntled fishermen about a staff member here being nothing more than an armchair fisherman......because THAT'S really what I've become.Occasionally I will hook up the caravan and throw the kayak on the roof, or maybe take it down the port, but this will only be during good weather nowadays, and fishing for me is gonna become a thing of leisure, just to get out and enjoy the sunshine, rather than a constant effort to actually catch fish, produce results, or putting pressure on myself come rain or shine.I lost the "recreational" side of things, by getting FAR too serious, and it's time for me to reclaim the recreation, coz it's only a game, and it's meant to be enjoyed, not worked at and worried over. When it becomes worry and work, it's called a JOB, not a passtime, and if it's gonna be a job, I expect to be paid for doing it......recreational fishermen dont get paid though!

Yeah same thing here Ranger i got out about 3.5 years ago as i got too serious and forgot about the enjoyment side,but now come back with a leisure thought in my head.Once the weather picks up there will be a lot more getting out more often and the forums will have more to talk about re catches.I am looking forward to getting out once a week or fortnight.Looking forward to those warm summer nights with a line out into the water,hey if i remember i might put some bait on the hook.

Bit sad to hear that Ranger,( wish u well and happiness in your new endevors) but i have noticed i too fish bugger all these last few years , i think its the lazyness and pc that have contributed to the slackness in fishing, politics too, all the little factors contribute just like when ur fishing .Between family stuff , work , motivation, and trying to arrange to go fish with a buddy or 2 seems to be impossible these days to get out there and im talkin landbased. Hopefully i will get to fish more than 12 times this summer. If the rules allow that is !

PoliticsIn reality when you start getting into the politics side then the hobby starts to fail gradually.I had spent a few years doing remote control racing,not cheap about 6 grand over a few years.As i had visited 3 clubs i started seeing the politics being played out and people trying to get you to side with them,yes the politics in hobbies do exist and believe it or not but people do leave a hobby because of it.

Not enough, but I don't have excuses like you blokes... I've just been lazy the last few weeks. :pNormally winter is my gun season. Love to get the wet weather gear on and get out on the rocks or beach chasing big Salmon but I've lacked motivation this year. Getting a bit tired of the land based game which I've been running for 20 years now. Really just want to get myself my first boat, but with current finances that's looking a bit unlikely at the moment.

Not enough' date=' but I don't have excuses like you blokes... I've just been lazy the last few weeks. :pNormally winter is my gun season. Love to get the wet weather gear on and get out on the rocks or beach chasing big Salmon but I've lacked motivation this year. Getting [b']a bit tired of the land based game which I've been running for 20 years now. Really just want to get myself my first boat[/b], but with current finances that's looking a bit unlikely at the moment.

And i'm going the opposite direction

Not enough' date=' but I don't have excuses like you blokes... I've just been lazy the last few weeks. :pNormally winter is my gun season. Love to get the wet weather gear on and get out on the rocks or beach chasing big Salmon but I've lacked motivation this year. Getting [b']a bit tired of the land based game which I've been running for 20 years now. Really just want to get myself my first boat[/b], but with current finances that's looking a bit unlikely at the moment.

And i'm going the opposite direction
lol, swap? You can have my rocks and I'll take ya boat! :P:d/
A quiet morning at the NH boat ramp this morning Ugly. I went for a quick flick off the rocks and only saw one boat heading out' date=' but that was one more than the number of fish I saw. :huh::([/quote']Very quiet PP. I thought that might have been you out there. I was having a quick flick off the ramp, right after I posted in here, lol. Motivated me for a few minutes, until I saw how dirty the water was.
A quiet morning at the NH boat ramp this morning Ugly. I went for a quick flick off the rocks and only saw one boat heading out' date=' but that was one more than the number of fish I saw. :huh::([/quote']Port was quiet too. One trailer at Snowdens when I got there... Sheeesh did tye wind pick up mid morning though! I got very wet :laugh: out of nth haven would've got real sloppy real quick I reckon.Same same with the lack of fishies ;)