Shimano Sustain FG

Best looking reel on the market,i almost bought one a while ago but when i picked it up in the shop it was a bit noisy so i went with the stradic fj which still has xship anyway.Only complaint i have heard on the sustain was some guy on the net reckons on a big queenie he hooked the drag knob self tightened and busted him off so he sent it back. cheers brenton

Best looking reel on the market' date='i almost bought one a while ago but when i picked it up in the shop it was a bit noisy so i went with the stradic fj which still has xship anyway.Only complaint i have heard on the sustain was some guy on the net reckons on a big queenie he hooked the drag knob self tightened and busted him off so he sent it back. cheers brenton[/quote']. Agree with Brenton I also purchased the stradic fj 4000 matched it with the t-curve lucanus light for snapper awesome fun I nabbed an 8kg specimen in realatively shallow water handled it easily Good luck let us know what ya end up gettn

Hey all, I've got both the stradic 2500 FJ and Sustain 2500 fg. They both are identical in smoothness to me, the sustain is lighter so therefore takes so little effort to turn the handle and makes a big difference, well to me anyways. Ive got mine matched to a Samurai 302.if you don't require the lightweight advantage of the Sustain then the Stradic FJ is a DREAM to use. Highly recommended.Only gripe about the Sustain is that the drag sound isn't as loud and exciting as the Stradic. Just doesnt do it for me when fighting a nice rugger, softttt.

Hey Tommy2Toes, I am currently using a Sustain 4000FG at the moment for my Snapper fishing with 20lb Schneider on it and love it! It is one sick weapon!I uprgraded from the Stradic CI4 last year, and to tell you the truth both are fantastic reels. The Sustain is very very nice and is definately and upgrade though. It just feels smoother and for some reason more solid.I cant fault mine at all and I reckon they look sick.Heres a pic for you. Its matched to a T-Curve 701 Snapper 5-8KGDSC_01771.JPG