lures for snook/salmon

Very hard to fillet actually, could not find my pliers I usually have so had to use my small side cutters, stuffed the first pair trying to cut the hook but the second pair managed to cut it but still stuffed to cutting edge on the cutters, then just pulled it through.Wasn't my hand but a young lad who came out with me, he pulled in a big snook on Friday evening just gone and while it was thrashing around on the deck he tried to grab it :ohmy: :ohmy: :woohoo: :woohoo: :huh::huh: :sick: :sick:

Hi guys' date=' I would just like to add a question of my own to this thread if I may.What is the ideal depth you want a snook lure to swim? So far I am under the impression that its around the 1-1.5m mark?[/quote']Depends on the day most times i reckon, if its sunny i'd go deeper if night time or overcast they come up a higher in the water.Sometimes though i've had to go real deep including putting my rod tip under the water.When trolling you should run your lures 2/3 of the depth. cheers brentonHow did the lad handle the trebles in his hand 02?

Hi brenton, well there was a little panic and I guess it hurt a bit while I was trying to cut the hook with the cutters. After that it was more the anticipation while waiting to pull the left over out that got to him. I gave him some ice to numb his hand a bit before I played doctor. Anyway it just slid out very easily and cleanly with minimal pain when he finally let me have a go. Much relieved lad after that though !!!He got back into casting right away and we scored 22 snook and 16 squid in the end for about 2 1/2 hours fun, on a dodge tide too which was a pleasing result all round.