Pumping bait - where down south???

Hi there guys.I have acquired a brand new Alvy bait pump for fathers day. Never used one before, so would like to know if they are useful on the beaches down south (Sellicks to Porties). What could I expect to "pump" from the sand? Or do I have to go mud crawling in the Onk around the tidal regions near SouthPort? All info greatly accepted. I need to catch some fish this year to justify the boat, and to brag about how much more I'm catching than Crispy!!

I've had success pumping nippers inside the o'sullies boat ramp around the inside beach where the three steel pillars are, don't know if they are still there. There are other spots on southern beaches but it will take a little looking ;)Search Youtube for "sand shrimp" or "ghost shrimp". try to put back the ones in berry (carrying eggs).Never had much luck pumping worms (end up with half worms) and never seen any on southern beaches anyway... doesn't mean they are not around. There are different types of worms of course and different methods for catching them, I don't think a pump fits into the equation. tube worms you use a garden fork, beach worms you use a stink bait and a lot of practice plucking them out. Look on youtube for "catching beach worms".http://www.strikehook.com/forum/35-bait-tackle/198898-tubewormsThe onk is a no go zone for pumping baits, or any of the beach within the Noarlunga Aquatic Reserve as previously mentioned.Basically, walk the beach, look for holes, pump and see what you find :)

• 7 years later...

I have been trying to learn how to pump for worms....with no luck. Have been going 2hrs before low tide.

Does anyone know if you need to go at a certain time  ? I have been trying at Moana and maslins beach. 

Please if anyone can give me any tips on where and when to go would be appreciated.  I live in Seaford so southern beaches is preferred. 

Thank you.