suburban...........

as you can see the fish was released.but not before my mate grabbed the leader and pulled the fly leaving us and suburban frozen in shock for what seemed like forever....somehow...and in what can only be described as one of those moments i tickled the bugger and got got him back in my friends hands for a flick.our handling techniques have improved muchly youll be glad to here.but what a fish and a day ill never forget.

Hi johntwo,I have fished that gauging station pool on and off for 20 odd years and the small dam above it as well as the creek upstream.It used to be private property but the area was bought up by SAwater as catchment years ago.Unfortunately fishing there is illegal now so be careful what you post as some on this site are a bit funny about stuff like that.Also if I can recognise it so can others if you get my drift.The gorge bream reaper has been fishing behind FMC as you call it is getting hammered due to publicity on the net.I have fished there for 20 years and have never seen the fish so spooky.I fished the upstream (Right upstream where the browns are) section on Monday.I was watching a fish rising from the bridge with my mate ( we are both over 50)wondering weather to tie on an emerger or a nymph, with my rod laying in the grass.Next thing I know a spin fisherman came barging up like a baby elephant and put the fish down.He then proceeded to cast under the foot bridge we were standing on and working his way upstream.I saw his personal number plate and recognised him as someone who posts on here regularly.He should learn a bit of etiquette.What made us laugh was the fact he was wearing brand new full length neoprene waders on a hot day to fish a tiny creek!Unfortunately our fisheries are tiny and I don't now how long they can handle the pressure.Glad to here you guys (reaper included )are getting a few fish especially on the Tenkara. Just be careful what you post as not everyone does the right thing like you guys.Im of to NZ in 5 weeks Yeeehaa.Tight lines Rollcast

Rollcast, I never post location in my posts and try to make all my photos so only people who already fish the area will recognize it so I don't get your post. I am very protective of this area as I live on its doorstep- I too have fished there for well over 20 years.. Not too sure what you mean about giving away too much as your post definitely does, shall I stop posting? I get lots of PMs asking location and I have never told anyone and prefer to fish on my own.

i hear ya rollcast...this was taken years ago.....and unfortunately the"friends" of this creek and conservation team electrofished the whole system e few seasons back....suburban and all other trout who were residing here at the time of this photo are long gone. was one of my favourite little spots up till then as its where we broke our teeth. funny tho....i revisted it last season....used to be full of mostly browns...and now there cousins have moved in.......... u jus cant stop immigration...and we call this a multicultural country....bahahahahhahhahahahaaaahdefinately not gonna intentionally blow the lid on any spots.and sorry if i have...peacejohn

Rollcast' date=' I never post location in my posts and try to make all my photos so only people who already fish the area will recognize it so I don't get your post. I am very protective of this area as I live on its doorstep- I too have fished there for well over 20 years.. Not too sure what you mean about giving away too much as your post definitely does, shall I stop posting? I get lots of PMs asking location and I have never told anyone and prefer to fish on my own.[/quote']Nah Mate its all good ,I was not having a shot at you.I enjoy reading your posts.I think you have misinterpreted me.All I was saying Is the place is getting flogged but I am not suggesting it is your fault.It is a shame your rescue got reported on the news though.I got a laugh from your mate telling the media it was a crocodile attack.I do not think I have given any thing away that has not already been said in the above posts if you read them again.I apologise if you think this is incorrect.Glad to see you have taken up fly fishing.Cheers
i hear ya rollcast...this was taken years ago.....and unfortunately the"friends" of this creek and conservation team electrofished the whole system e few seasons back....suburban and all other trout who were residing here at the time of this photo are long gone. was one of my favourite little spots up till then as its where we broke our teeth. funny tho....i revisted it last season....used to be full of mostly browns...and now there cousins have moved in.......... u jus cant stop immigration...and we call this a multicultural country....bahahahahhahhahahahaaaahdefinately not gonna intentionally blow the lid on any spots.and sorry if i have...peaceFriends yeah what a joke eh?Don't get me started on those BAST----.Yeah the drought and the electro fishers killed that spot but a few browns have survived.I think the "cousins"may have been a recent illegal stocking .They have turned up in a few spots that they never used to be.Unfortunately they will probably run downstream with the first good flood' date='as is their nature.The browns will always stay put.Cheersjohn[/quote']
Rollcast' date=' I never post location in my posts and try to make all my photos so only people who already fish the area will recognize it so I don't get your post. I am very protective of this area as I live on its doorstep- I too have fished there for well over 20 years.. Not too sure what you mean about giving away too much as your post definitely does' date=' shall I stop posting? I get lots of PMs asking location and I have never told anyone and prefer to fish on my own.[/quote'']Nah Mate its all good ,I was not having a shot at you.I enjoy reading your posts.I think you have misinterpreted me.All I was saying Is the place is getting flogged but I am not suggesting it is your fault.It is a shame your rescue got reported on the news though.I got a laugh from your mate telling the media it was a crocodile attack.I do not think I have given any thing away that has not already been said in the above posts if you read them again.I apologise if you think this is incorrect.Glad to see you have taken up fly fishing.Cheers
They were talking at that location is what I got from it, not talking about that location which you named. *edit John two got in first then edited again. I am too slow on this iPad lol*My brother was the one who reported the crock attack lol. Yes, the helicopter was a bit annoying, at least it was only played that night. The creek has always been fished a lot, and I agree with you that there are even more people getting down there, luckily most dont do well. I still manage to pull fish most weekends thankfully. I wasn't having a go at you mate, I just got defensive as I do what I can to protect this creek and my name popped up twice in your post. If you are nearby one day I would love to catch up for a fish with you, always willing to learn from an experienced fly fisho. I am loving iit, getting an Abel for my birthday this week :-)Cheers mate