Hey guys,I have moved to Adelaide from Kangaroo Island and was wondering if anyone can give me some pointers on catching flathead and mulloway on the onkaparinga. I live 15mins from the mouth and heard that you can catch these species in the Onk but I don't know where to start. Any help will be much appreciated. Cheers.

This is a good spot that i have fishedGo onto google maps and paste this in.........Sauerbiers Road, Seaford Meadows, South AustraliaYou will see the intersection where Sauerbiers Road and Jared road meet just keep going on until you reach the river.I haven’t been there for a while so i don’t know what that new railway line is doing for axcess.You should be able to get some mulloway there,but i wouldn’t be trying there till December when the water is warmer.

Bait and soft plastics work well for flatties in the onk! my favourite spots are anywhere from the footbridge over the onk near southport slsc back to behind port noarlunga footy oval, reason being the bottom is still sandy here with plenty of weed and ledges/drop offs for the flathead to sit and wait then ambush their prey, best time is on incoming and outgoing tides when the baitfish will be moving with the flow and the flatties will be sitting with their heads facing toward the flow! remember this if using lures or sp's. best baits i found are worms sand or blood, or unweighted pillies/ prawns or whitebait! if your using worms or prawns dont be surprised to pick up some decent yellowfin whiting from this area as well! The best soft plastics are paddletail fish or gulp worms!good luck! ps Mulloway are in the onk all year round

Bait and soft plastics work well for flatties in the onk! my favourite spots are anywhere from the footbridge over the onk near southport slsc back to behind port noarlunga footy oval' date=' reason being the bottom is still sandy here with plenty of weed and ledges/drop offs for the flathead to sit and wait then ambush their prey, best time is on incoming and outgoing tides when the baitfish will be moving with the flow and the flatties will be sitting with their heads facing toward the flow! remember this if using lures or sp's. best baits i found are worms sand or blood, or unweighted pillies/ prawns or whitebait! if your using worms or prawns dont be surprised to pick up some decent yellowfin whiting from this area as well! The best soft plastics are paddletail fish or gulp worms!good luck! ps Mulloway are in the onk all year round[/quote']Thankyou heaps for the tips :) . I went down there the other day for a look at low tide and could see all the weed ledges and drop offs you are talking about. I can't wait to get there to have a try. Thanks heaps again to everybody who has replied it has been really helpful.Cheers