Fishing Trip to Robe!

Hey everyone,Planning a fishing trip in about a months time, Gonna load up the Nav and head down to Robe for the first time as my mate has just purchased a suzuki sierra and wants to see how it runs.Just wondering if it's worth it for a big fishing trip or are we better off just going west coast or just putting in the hours at salt creek? Going to be camping there for 4-5 nights and doing a :c load of fishing! Primarily from the beach but might give it a crack off the rocks if i can find somewhere promising..Any info on the area would be greatly appreciated!!Thanks for your time, MM :fishing:

i used to live in robe while i fished out of there a few years ago. wrights bay is good for whitting snapper and the odd 50lbs mully but a boat is best. if surf fishing i would head to little dip national park some challenging 4wd but you should be right in the suzuki down there. some good sharks get caught around there and maybe the salmon might still be running.

I was down at Little Dip on the long weekend and the beach is destroyed from storms, The Ranger had just closed the beach as we rolled in Said we can drive it if we want but to make sure we check it out properly first, didn't end up doing it. There was already a couple of cars swallowed by the surf at that stage.