• 2 weeks later...

So guys went out fishing on Saturday not to the planned destination st Kilda but went over to ardrossan as I was given a few spots and wanted to try them out.so we headed out just after sun rise later than planed but a 4.30 start was early enough.we landed our first snapper just after anchoring it was only a small one so back it went several other small ones were caught and realeased which is a good sign that there is a few around after dropping the bearly pot down my mate was on with a bigger fish got the net ready for when it hit the surface it was bigger than the ones we were first catching it measures 48cm not a big fish but he was happy as it was his first legal fish from the sea.as I was helping him my rod had a good bite and then another which I hooked up.it was definenty a bigger one got it in the boat and it measured 56 cm which I was happy with.they went of the bite and we were only catching small ones again 2 unlucky snapper headed in shallower to some wighting ground but nothing drifted for some squid ended up with 10 which was good tried crabbing for a bit but only 1 small one so we called it a day as it was near 6:00.it was a good day fishing.

It was a tasty little feed.i didn't pay much attention at who was at the ramp I was just keen to get out there.when we got back there was a boat in front of us they said they got 3 legal snapper and 2 red bream which I believe they were undersized snapper is there such fish as red bream.?this is when you need fisheries.