Also depends on what point of the Port Adelaide tide cycle . If you have got (high) high tide followed with a (high) low tide then it will hold water in over the next (low) high tide till the following (low) low tide . You can also have no tide in the Onk when the (low) high and the (High) high are of similar hights and the (low) low and the (high) low are similar . Also depending on the wind and all sorts of variables which give the Onk a mind of it's own . It's not easy but if you go on the rule of thumb as Reeve has mentioned and dont be surprised and be prepared if it's out an hour or so . Best bet is to spend a bit of time down the Onk , learning from every adventure .

For the mouth of the Onk., subtract 9 minutes for High Water and 11 minutes for Low Water from the Port Adelaide (Outer Harbour) times. For the foot bridge to the SLSC, you can generally add 1hr 20mins (don't know why this is so, but I've timed it on several occasions). However, if there is a strong wind blowing from the SW/W/NW, it's a case of "all bets are off", and use your own powers of observation. I think you will find the further up the Onk. you go, the trickier it is to pick the tides. I believe there have been previous posts on this topic - the "Search" button is your friend... :whistle: Cheersaf

I hope so coz i don't think i could get my head around it again hey . It is really about spending time on the water to really figure it out . When i go chasing Mully's i have a fair idea when to get out but i still need to fine tune it after a couple of trips in quick succession . Even then it can take me a few trips out , spending a lot of time in each trip (8-12hrs a trip) before i land a Mully . Dont get me wrong i do get lucky and might have a couple of trips in a row catching fish but it's not easy . Good luck and tight lines and preserver fella .

I hope so coz i don't think i could get my head around it again hey . It is really about spending time on the water to really figure it out . When i go chasing Mully's i have a fair idea when to get out but i still need to fine tune it after a couple of trips in quick succession . Even then it can take me a few trips out ' date=' spending a lot of time in each trip (8-12hrs a trip) before i land a Mully . Dont get me wrong i do get lucky and might have a couple of trips in a row catching fish but it's not easy . Good luck and tight lines and preserver fella .[/quote']Cheers mate, thats helped me ALOT!nicw