Sign in to follow this  
newtontoney

BEER BATTERED LEATHER JACKET (SHALLOW FRIED WITH ASIAN STYLE DRESSING)

Leather jackets are seriously under rated, mostly cos they dont cook them properly, well imo anyway.. My sister used to catch bucket loads at pt vic and they're one of my favourit table fish.. fry them coated in just flour, vegeta with some garlic and parsley.. obviously you skin them first but damn! beautiful! B)

I can honestly say that my wife prefers leather jackets more so than KG whiting.they are easy to clean, barely any bones, easy to eat and they taste absolutely beautiful.We pan fry them with a garlic, butter, and parsley (no need to pre oil the pan, the butter does the job).Enjoy

Cut off the head ASAP as in when its in the boat off with its head. Cut just behind the spike down to the fins then rip it off and u get all the guts.I found if u don't do this it spoils the meat. Give it a quick rinse the ocean and straight into the ice slurry and skin them after.

Guest Red Bull

Any preference to the beer used in the batter?I like to use Coopers Pale Ale or West End Draught........anything else "worthy" of trying?Also heard to let the beer go flat before making the batter :blink: .......not sure on that one,as I thought the bubbles would make the batter lighter :unsure: