What LB line shark fishing

The answers so far is what you are using.It’s not stating that’s the highest or lowest line you are prepared to go.The question re phrased is ..( how low a poundage line would fishers use for shark fishing )that you’d be comfortable with.

Lowest I run is 20 pound on my tekota 700 highest for casting id run 30 obviously ballooning I run 50 and minimum for ballooning I'd run 30 pound
Guest Red Bull

The answers so far is what you are using.It’s not stating that’s the highest or lowest line you are prepared to go.The question re phrased is ..( how low a poundage line would fishers use for shark fishing )that you’d be comfortable with.

I thought the answer was self explanatory :unsure: ..........if I was using 30lb off the beach for sharks,then that would be the lowest I would be prepared to go.Sorry if you mis-understood my response ;)

50lb for big ones if that what you want, I used to run 30lb but after alot of talking and reading, if you want to release the shark in the best health possible go 50lb.. With 30lb running that less drag makes the fight last longer making the shark work harder for longer which in turn gives it less chance for survival. I see people get into trouble on 50lb let alone 30lbGood luck

Guest Red Bull

That's a good point ekul...........I look at it that, all the sharks I target from the sand are destined for the table.......4 foot and smaller in my opinion.30lb will look after them with a 50lb wire trace and just a single 6/0..........big boys will make mince-meat of that.50 braid will well and truly look after the little fella's,and if a bigger one grabs on,well,you're in for a bit of a show B) Just my point of view and how I fish for them ;)

That's a good point ekul...........I look at it that' date=' all the sharks I target from the sand are destined for the table.......[b']4 foot and smaller[/b] in my opinion.30lb will look after them with a 50lb wire trace and just a single 6/0..........big boys will make mince-meat of that.50 braid will well and truly look after the little fella's,and if a bigger one grabs on,well,you're in for a bit of a show B) Just my point of view and how I fish for them ;)

When you say .. 4 foot and smallerThat’s the same i would target to keep.I was wanting to go 25LB line so i got more on the spool for the egg beater.If it snaps the line then it was probably too big for me anyway and unwanted.The more time i spend fighting something too big and unwanted the more time i lose getting hooked onto the right fish.
Guest Red Bull

Certainly some fancy footwork there :P ausea,25 lb is totally your choice fella........when I run 30lb mono,it's on beaches which are a bit shell gritty,or have a bit of weed bank or reef around..........I tend to leave the braid for the nice clean type beaches with no obstacles that are apparent.Good luck ;)

Stockton beach footage he’s using a fin nor offshore reel which has 37kg drag but the fish was just a hand full.I wanted to see what the consensus was as for line and the 30lb seems to be the one.Thanks guys for putting the effort in replying.Much appreciated.