Shimano Stradic CI4 4000F

I'm now the proud owner of this little beauty and hope to give it a crack on the snaps the last weekend of Oct if the weather is decent.Dave from tackleworld Salisbury was a great help fitting it out with 20lb braid and getting me a new rod being Shimano Nexave 6-10kg 762 to match it.The combo feels great and catch wait to use it!Plan to use this rod for SPs while my baitrunner sits in the rod holder waiting to do its thing.I oringally planned to get the 2500 size and 8-10lb but don't have the experience to go that light at this stage and like Dave said you dont want to hook the fish of ur dreams only to lose it using light gear your not ready for.Wish me luck ! I will definitly be putting a report up if the fishgods are with me next weekend.

Im now a proud owner of 3 C14 Stradic's, including UHF's 4000 which he caught that impressive red his pic B) (thanks mate) had a few hook ups off wallaroo jetty with it but yet to land one unfortunately, they are clever bastards there for sure! Ive invested in a shit load of circle hooks so hope to fix that soon ;) PS, the drag sound beautiful when you get a good run!I also have a 3000 and 2500, both unused as yet but hope to christen them on my lincoln trip over new years. You will love it mate B) Ive never owned or tried Daiwa's but Shimano have always been good to me

Best snapper i've knocked over with my 4000 ci4 was 13.2kg, smashed it! Bloody nice reel to use and very reliable. Even with a heap of drag it never felt like I was pushing the reel that hard. To be perfectly honest unless you were fishing out real deep it is the biggest size i'd go. I had plenty of line left on the reel and at least one more kg of drag when I caught the big snap. Drag got a brutal workout that day on a dozen fish between 8-13kg and is still performing as it should.Also strap mine to a seajigger for pegging out salmon lures and it does the job brilliantly :)