Your best rated Table fish/s

What do you Rate the best on the tooth??for me theres a few that rate high...From the Salt' date='Cobia Flat headLeather JacketsGummy Sharkdont think id ever say no to catching a good feed or being offered a good feed of these guys..in the freshRed Fin.[/quote']Flathead for me by far my fav :)Do like the sweet sweet yellowfin whiting too.The only real freshwater I like is Marron, more a freshwater Cray, but no doubt you've had a few of these on yer journeys Del ;)When I was in W.A. I just about lived on Flatties and Marron... Yum :) :) :)

well damit Archerfish.. its me best mate Softy posting a thread.. knew there was a reason we was mates... Jack.. feel free to delete or merge threads.. im well on my way to happiness in a fantastic bottle of wine.. thought i had a new thread!musta been on me travels as Jack mentioned.. and no.. not had Marron yet.. though i do plan too! i travel past the Giant Marron in Wa every month...

I have to say my fave is flathead. its just the tastiest fish around, but I really find it hard justifying taking a feed of flatties here in SA due to the relatively low number of good size fish we have compared to other states.so probably helps if I have no snapper in the freezer if I get a flatty I will probably keep it but if I have some snapper fillets then the flatty will get released..lol.I also find Yelowfin whiting to be extremely good too. Dont think I would release any of these if I get some this summer.and as you all know Im partial to some fresh Snapper fillets cooked on the bbq with a hint of lemon or battered in tempura batter or beer batter with chips.I dont eat my redfin, but probably should. Prob just too lazy to skin them, which is weird because i skin all my snapper before cooking em. :d/:d/

AF.. i grew up in Kellidie.. hit me a PM if you want.. my parents still live on the beach.. ;)tis my dream retirement place.. hopefully my family will still own the shack/house down there. As Softy would agree... we have spent many a week down there.. but never enough time to really do it justice. my best Gummy shark is off that beach.. my brothers best snapper 28lb is also off the beach.. with king fish and snapper schools frequenting the area.. it can be a great place to be ;)

Well i am pretty basic sort of person ,tommies smoked ,gar and flathead whiting if i ver catch any but i have to say mt favorite is gar ,all the above mentioned have great taste but some are few and far between but during summer i can normally get a feed of gar ,wil be trying for some of those yellow fin this year see how we go

Im with Crispy, nothing beats chewing on some fresh smoked tommies and washing it down with a cold one.Other top rated SA table fish - Nannygai, flathead (as everyone has said already), Fresh Gar (hate cleaning them so usually us them for bait) and Yellowfin whiting.had a feed of Coral Trout in Broome in August, sensational.. Also some Queenfish, not as good but still pretty nice... keeping in mind these were both Restaurant meals.

what no bloody mullet?????.That suprises me, good feed of mullet with all those omega three fatty acids in it? grilled,baked,battered or crumbed, done in a baking dish in the oven topped with tomatoes, basil, and just a little a bit of crushed garlic, lightly seasoned with pepper and salt and washed down with whatever takes your fancy :woohoo:

• 6 months later...

Flathead. Number 1 in the sea, yet to find a contest. Panko crumbs, salt & pepper and a minute in hot oil. Garfish - best eating fish in these waters that you can catch reasonably reliably and are even a blast on extra light gear getting double headers. Grab those chicken Shake 'N' Bake bags you get from woolies, chuck yer fillets in there, shake and fry.