Outer Harbor cockles

Cheers boys. So any tips on finding em? Or is it pretty easy?

Usually pretty easy to get them, tho finding a good spot where there ar eplenty can take timeUsually its a case of sitting in the wash and digging with your hands until you come across them, then work the area, scooping them into an orange onion bag tied to your wrist'Dont take anything like sunnies out, as there's every chance they'll get knocked off by the occasional higher wave :side: The water might seem freezing at first but its amazing how you get used to it.You may find them close to the waterline, or further out in the break area, depending on the day.You can get official measurers from PIRSA, or make some out of plastic Ice Cream containers.A good rule of thumb is to measure the gap between the base of your thumb where the crease is, and the crease at the first joint, as it usually is consistent with the legal minimum size ;) Observe the Regs and you'll be fine B) PSYou might want to take some tweezers with you too if you decide you need a leak :pinch: :S :ohmy: :lol:

Have to wait to next Thusday to the season opensArea restrictions remain in place at Goolwa Beach until the end of the season, with fishers only permitted to take Pipi along the stretch of beach from the Murray Mouth to 5 km south of Beach Road, Goolwa Beach. A closure is in place from 5 km south of Beach Road, Goolwa Beach to Middleton Point (near Mill Terrace at Middleton). The season will reopen on 1 November 2012.Was heading down next week but some prick stole my late model Prado from my driveway last sunday night. So at least a few weeks away for me so guys please leave me some!

It is a excellent day down at Goolwa getting cockles. Sometimes we get a good lot sometimes not so many. Still a good day though. Talking about the cockles in the Port Area I collected some quite a few years ago. did a lot of walking to get a hand full. Not much in them. Was a waste of time for me any way.