THE QUICK TRIP REPORT THREAD... (post away)

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Managed to knock up a feed today with moggy &hsv Hsv hooked a gar which then got swallowed by a bronzie which then in a calamity of errors was lost boat side due to a recently purchased ego 2 slid

Drove past the water yesterday whilst at work and thought golly, looks good so as soon as i got home hooked the boat up, sorted the rods and the missus and away we went. Launched and went maybe 1km fr

had a great weekend throwing lures at mullys saturday morning i got this fella at the onkAnd heres one of the many on plastics today down the coorong

Posted Images

Quick sesh down at Outer Harbor after knocking off work. Switched to bait for a change as I have been having zero luck on plastics lately. First cast produced a little tommy who was unfortunately gut hooked, so he's now gonna be Snapper bait. A few more casts, some small sts and then whack! A nice little run and up comes this guy:IMAG0191.jpgPopped him back and after a few more small sts and a couple of undersize KGW I called it a day as lightening started up in the distance.

Hit the Port up a couple of nights last week.....Not much to report, plenty of small Tommies and some good size Mullet around the Outer Harbor area....Got a few nice Bream as by catch31cm at Garden IslandPosted ImageAnd a cracking 37cm Fish from the Yacht SquadronPosted ImageHaven't had any luck on the big stuff of late though, which kinda sucks!

Managed to knock up a feed today with moggy &hsv 2012-11-2815.19.55.jpgHsv hooked a gar which then got swallowed by a bronzie which then in a calamity of errors was lost boat side due to a recently purchased ego 2 slider net breaking into 2, prety pissed off :angry: moggy got it on video not sure what its like as havnt had chance to watch it yet was funny on his gar rod though--mog dropped a near on metre snook today ,also on his gar rigCheers 4THA

Went to Seacliff today and fishing in front the lifesaving club. No wind and the water really calm. The water crystal clear.. but managed to land one 30cm bream, 2 YFW 34c and 37cm which is the biggest YFW i ever caught so far. I may caught more if i didn't lost my rig so i decide to go home.IMG_3995.JPG

I tell ya what 4 tha even though there small i rekon they could still give a nasty bite ' date='did it just snap at the join ?[/quote']Yeah it's a threaded end crispy so it can be changed to suit smaller nets gaffs etc. Moggys has started and probably finished making a new one out of billet aluminum Cheers 4THA

This is late report. Went fishing to Outer Harbour last saturday morning and caught 5 undersize snapper 30cm - 35cm and surprised with the shark. This is my first ever snapper and shark. The snapper bite on squid tentacle and worm. Undersize but there is always start for anything. All released. Good to see the snapper coming closer to the shore so hopefully, will hook the big one next time :) . Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Imagehttp-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=CavB7oipy9Q Sorry the video a bit shaky.

I saw you that morning milmo, i rocked up aftrr you and set up just a little furthrr dwn the rocks.I had squid heads for bait and berleyd with a shitload of pillies but did t get anything.If that weed wasnt so thick would of been abit easyer. Hopfuly that means there are some bigger 1s hangin around.Weldone Good report

I saw you that morning milmo' date=' i rocked up aftrr you and set up just a little furthrr dwn the rocks.I had squid heads for bait and berleyd with a shitload of pillies but did t get anything.If that weed wasnt so thick would of been abit easyer. Hopfuly that means there are some bigger 1s hangin around.Weldone Good report[/quote']Will say hi to you next time Paul :) . Yes the weed was thick that time and the water running out strong so i cast on the other side of the wall..that is when i caught the shark. 4 of the snapper i caught with the rod that i intended for bream or other smaller fish with only 4lb mono. They very close to the rock.